Author Topic: Precision bars. UPDATED... NEW BARS!!! cheaper cost to make  (Read 12555 times)

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
 So I wnt today to home depot and made this ones ended up being a lot cheaper. Before it was baout 40 busck to make only one, this time it was about 40 bucks for the whole set.

This is what you need.

Used non galvanized pipe (the ones for gar, they are darker almost black) cheaper than galvanized, the one thing is that rosts if expose to the elements so

Two 1'x24'
Eight 1'x6
and I really dont know the name of the piece that ties them together, I call it elbow with a double exit, that one saves you money because you dont need to use anything else to make the angle needed. Besides it is ideal because when jumping send the force towards the ground keeping them stady. Better if used on grass or dirt.

I'll be bringing them to the seminar, if anyone decides to get a pair also, please bring them too.

Peace

I'll be updating you about the Mikey D's shooting soon.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
Re: Precision bars. UPDATED... NEW BARS!!! cheaper cost to make
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 11:04:21 PM »
Didn't you already have this posted here at APK?

turtlekarma

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:06:13 PM »
I went to home depot today...if you want them even cheaper, ask them if they have left over pipe from cutting random stuff (it won't be the best material, but if its free...) they usually do, and if you meet a pretty chill sales person they might let you walk out of there only paying for the 90 degree elbow that connects all the pieces.  And if the bars aren't trimmed so that you can screw them in they will do that for you for free.  they actually could cost you maybe $10 to make if you get lucky... I didn't get lucky, that's what the plumber working over there told me "AFTER" I had bought the expensive galvanized pipe lol. cost me $60, but it's worth it cause I'm loving training on them.

Thanks for the idea ozzi

Offline Stacie

• Patas
  • Holy [insert witty word or phrase here], Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 10:43:24 PM »
Thanks for the tip  ;D

I'll definitely look into it.
"Do NOT...eat that. It is a poisonous...magicpie!"

Offline b2c

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 03:07:42 AM »
thos look pretty thin, i dont think its a good training to precision on to bars that are too thin, the force of impact on ur feet narrowed to a very small area will result in damage, shoes should help but as i've seen, all railing in the real world are at least 2 inch in diameter.

Offline b2c

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 03:15:05 AM »
thos look pretty thin, i dont think its a good training to precision on to bars that are too thin, the force of impact on ur feet narrowed to a very small area will result in damage, shoes should help but as i've seen, all railing in the real world are at least 2 inch in diameter.

it would probly be better to make these with standard 2 inch pipes instead of 1 inch, i mean when in the real world will it be safe to jump on a pipe/bar thats only 1inch thick?

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 11:29:33 PM »
Bro those are about the same size of the rails out there. Those are great for precision trainers for they are the closest it would get to the real thing. But of course that is a matter of personal choice if you rather not train precision.
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 07:30:53 PM »
looks to me that your using 2'' black gas pipe, very high strength steel bars, the connector's are 90 degree t joints. i knoticed all the threads on yours were done did home depot do that or did you buy the prefab ones? they make a glue called gas tight its green and it goes on the threads, makes them lock in place wont come undone without lots of force ie monkey wrench and cheater bars and possible blow torch. im probably going to make a pair of these. you should also look into getting caps for the ends of the short pipes to stop debris from entering the pipe. like dirt grass water and such. also that would make it dig a lil less into dirt. they are dark grey and look like bottle caps? or nipples maybe? should be about 2 bucks each i would think. i will post my bars when i get them done ty for the post and idea swap.
There is a chance you could kill yourself tripping on a rock on a sidewalk. There's a chance your heart could suddenly stop. There's even a chance that the atoms of the ground and your body could line up perfectly and you would fall through the ground into the earths mantle. - Jake Vigil APK

turtlekarma

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 08:55:32 PM »
looks to me that your using 2'' black gas pipe, very high strength steel bars, the connector's are 90 degree t joints. i knoticed all the threads on yours were done did home depot do that or did you buy the prefab ones? they make a glue called gas tight its green and it goes on the threads, makes them lock in place wont come undone without lots of force ie monkey wrench and cheater bars and possible blow torch. im probably going to make a pair of these. you should also look into getting caps for the ends of the short pipes to stop debris from entering the pipe. like dirt grass water and such. also that would make it dig a lil less into dirt. they are dark grey and look like bottle caps? or nipples maybe? should be about 2 bucks each i would think. i will post my bars when i get them done ty for the post and idea swap.

can glue them in...but screw them in and glue = really snug fit.