Author Topic: APK Log-in  (Read 3177 times)

Offline Russell Wilkie

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
APK Log-in
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:27:29 AM »
When users are viewing the APK Article's comment section, they are given the option to "Add Comment". However, when they click on it they get a message saying "Only registered users can comment on an article. Please login or register".

For a long while I had no idea where to log in if I wanted to comment. I originally thought that this was an error in the site because I was always logged on to my APK forums account. I did some searching and assumed that my APK store account was linked to my the APK comment account. It wasn't until recently I learned that the APK log in was located towards to bottom left of the homepage. I want to suggest if there can be three changes done to the site so users, like myself, aren't as confused when navigating through the site.

1. Instead of the APK log-in being located towards the bottom left of the homepage it should be located here:

http://i.imgur.com/KdKedD8.png

This option will allow users to easily spot where to log in straight away. Also, by having it located towards the right of the search bar, users are always given the option to log in right away on any APK webpage.

2.When a user clicks "Add comment" they are presented with this.

There isn't an option to click "Login" or "Register" so a user can directly go to either the log-in/registration page. Instead of having words login and register not going anywhere, I think it would be better to have both of those words hyperlinked. That way if a user wants to login they can just simply click "Login" and be brought to the login page. The same goes for if a user wants to register they can just click "Register".

3. Lastly, I think it would be much more efficient and less confusing if all the usernames on APK were linked together. That way, instead of having a separate username for Store, a separate username for comments, and a separate username for forums, we can just log in to one account. Not only will this eliminate the annoyance of going through multiple registrations but users will also just have to worry about one account for the entire site rather than three.

Thanks,
Russ W.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 08:33:58 AM by Russell Wilkie »

Offline Warnerdap

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
APK Log in
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 05:51:48 PM »
Mike...every time i log on, i tick the automatically log me on every time i visit box. but when i come back, it never does. Why?