Author Topic: fear of kong at the street  (Read 1276 times)

Offline erdem

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
fear of kong at the street
« on: March 12, 2013, 04:22:11 PM »
i was training at the gym today,i just learned kongs and i can kong objects a little higher than my waist.but when i tried to kong the rail at my gym which was at my waist height,i couldnt do it as easily.the reason is the higher object i konged was soft so even if i hit my knee,it would be fine.not with the rail.so eventhough i can kong things higher than that rail,because of fear i cant do it on the rail.im afraid of hitting my knee or getting my feet stuck and fall on my face. i want to practice this at the street so if you guys have any suggestions to how to get over this fear,that would be really really appreciated.thanks guys!

Offline Jaden Fennec

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Everyday I Test My Limits
    • View Profile
Re: fear of kong at the street
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 09:37:01 AM »
I had the same problem, just stop, then jump a little closer to the rail and really push up to gain maximum air, this is also how you start the kash vault.
Understand that this art has been created by few soldiers in Vietnam to escape or reach; this is the spirit I'd like parkour to keep. Its up to you to determine what is useful in an emergency situation, and what is'nt.
                   -David Belle

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: fear of kong at the street
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 03:36:13 PM »
To help you get over the fear you could try konging a chain link fence on grass. I know by me there's a park with baseball fields that have a low fence on grass, maybe you could find something similar. Those will give a lot more than a solid rail and grass is a relatively safe landing, so you can work on getting over the fear without being at a risk. Rail kongs are much harder because you have such a small area to grab, so keep it slow at first. And like Jaden said, push hard with your hands. If you get your hips up and push off with your hands you won't catch your feet.