Author Topic: How to convince.  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Josh

• Patas
  • CHIEFTAIN PK/ Movement 101
    • View Profile
    • Chieftain PK
How to convince.
« on: April 17, 2007, 02:21:22 PM »
I recently did a report on parkour. My classmates thnk parkour is quote " EXTREME TO THE! MAX!!!"
And I hate them for it. so they go and do 360's off of benches and stuff calling it parkour and giving parkour a bad name. How can I convince them that they are giving it a bad name and tell them to stop?
"Repetition of the simple is NOT a waste of time. Practice of the advanced without the perfection of the simple IS a waste of time." ~ Rick Henry

"Train in what you usually wear. Zombies won't wait for you to change out of your jeans."~ Patrick Yang

Moa

Re: How to convince.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 02:28:21 PM »
UMM yell a lot  that is what i do. Or ignore them and if they skateboard make fun of them as much as you can

Offline Ando

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • CHICAGO PARKOUR AERO
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 04:37:31 PM »
if their doing 360s tell them they should try leg grabs, buy some soap shoes, and start grinding cause they are doing freestyle walking, which died years ago.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 04:41:24 PM by Ando »

Offline Streetviper

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 04:47:23 PM »
hahahaa ;D
  mos def
With out passion , effort is meaningless.

Offline toekneebullard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • tonybullard.com
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 07:33:36 AM »
Heh....I have a pair of soap shoes up in the closet...

Ignore them.  Like all the "extreme" folks, they'll get bored really fast.  Don't hate on 'em though, they just want to move.  Sure, it's sad they don't have the commitment/discipline to follow PK, but you can't blame them for wanting to move.  Isn't that why we all started PK?

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 12:31:16 PM »
Don't tell them to stop. Show them some moves that ARE pk, or free running. Probably free running, since they like doing tricks. Make sure they can land safe. Teach them to roll properly.

Talk doesn't always work. Sometimes you need to show. Show them what PK is. Help them catch the mindset. Give them APK website :)

Offline Streetviper

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »
yeah talking really isn't efficent people just think that it is overthought and lame and that you are embellishing something. ask if they really want to know and if so try and help them find...the way
With out passion , effort is meaningless.