Author Topic: A teams section.  (Read 3157 times)

Offline CyanideSoda

• Puntastic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I didn't know you could put words here.
    • View Profile
A teams section.
« on: December 16, 2005, 10:30:38 AM »
I just thought it might be a good idea to have a team section on the main sight. Kind of like the photo section except with teams. I don't know if you guys thought this was a good idea but i do.  :)

The ReTraining Logs of CyanideSoda
  Post constructive comments please.

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: A teams section.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 11:02:31 AM »
"No violence, No competition, No Groups, No Chiefs"

seems that has been forgotten by many people. i don't know, it just seems like once there are established groups or teams, it will lead to seperation and competition. people will be reluctant to train with another group, or different groups will try to show the other ones up. yes, i know many people are in "clans" but that doesn't mean it is something that should be promoted.

Offline CyanideSoda

• Puntastic
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 01:27:43 PM »
Yeah i can understand, and respect, your point of view. But i am in a "clan". I just think that teams are a good idea for keeping people close. When i first got my friend into it he seemed sceptical. But after i offered to let him in our team he seemed alot more willing.

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 03:20:42 PM »
that's my point. if you are not on "the team", you can feel a little uneasy. but if there is an open community of people willing to help out, with no pressure of feeling like you have to join a clan, or you have to get good enough to join a clan, then people will be more willing to give it a try. i understand that your clan is proabably exactly like the "community" that i am talking about. hoever, it will eventually get so that there will be clans that won't let people in. or you have to be good enough to get in. (i mean, it is already happening) and that can discourage people from wanting to continue their training. idk. from my experience, teams/groups/clans just divide everything and make it into a battlefield.

just my $0.02

Offline CyanideSoda

• Puntastic
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 03:50:20 PM »
Actually your starting to convert me to your point of view. But the guy i'm talking about had no idea teams existed.

Offline mkerunner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 11:06:19 AM »
i'd say instead of team sections just leave it as like Jam section so its only related to an area and everyone is welcome at those.
Live Life - Stay Strong - Play Hard

Midwest PK - Milwaukee, Wisconsin