Author Topic: Feiyues  (Read 806 times)

Offline luis

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Feiyues
« on: February 19, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »
so i just ordered some but now that ive been looking at some more reviews they say they that the grip is not that good and the sole rips after a week or so. Anyone currently or formerly train in them can you post what you think about them and how they compare to other parkour shoes

Offline Robert "McMuffin" Teets

• Guenons
  • "Flow with your mind, Fly with your body"
    • View Profile
Re: Feiyues
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 04:19:48 PM »
I use these shoes, and they are quite good. The grips, I don't know why, but I absolutely love them. Brick and cement is not a problem for them, but once they get wet, the grips aren't very.... functional. In terms of the cracking/tearing of the soles, I haven't had an issue with that. I honestly recommend them. Though I will agree, they don't last TOO long, but they've kept me good for a while.

Offline Jaden Fennec

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Everyday I Test My Limits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:38:29 AM »
same here, ive had mine for about 4 weeks, and they rock. but they dont work well on painted brick. any thing else is good.
Understand that this art has been created by few soldiers in Vietnam to escape or reach; this is the spirit I'd like parkour to keep. Its up to you to determine what is useful in an emergency situation, and what is'nt.
                   -David Belle

Offline Robert "McMuffin" Teets

• Guenons
  • "Flow with your mind, Fly with your body"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 04:53:50 PM »
Yeah, I have noticed that on painted brick. I still love them.

Offline DaveS

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 03:25:49 AM »
To wear Feiyues successfully you have to make a commitment to good technique, and avoid slipping, sliding and impacts that your body can't take on it's own. You can tear the sole with a single bad arm-jump, but the up side is that you get so much more feedback from your feet it that makes it much easier to develop good technique. Even if you reduce the frequency and size of your big jumps to compensate (and you definitely should do this) you might destroy the first pair or two relatively quickly, but it will be very effective in helping you to understand how to use your feet.

Feiyues help you if you're willing to put effort in yourself.
~ Dave
NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association