Author Topic: FAVORITE MOVES?  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Jaden Fennec

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Everyday I Test My Limits
    • View Profile
FAVORITE MOVES?
« on: January 28, 2013, 10:03:20 AM »
me? dash vault all the way. i am a pro at the dash vault. anybody need any help on it, ask me. but what is your favorite move(s)
Understand that this art has been created by few soldiers in Vietnam to escape or reach; this is the spirit I'd like parkour to keep. Its up to you to determine what is useful in an emergency situation, and what is'nt.
                   -David Belle

Offline Joshua Lehmiller

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: FAVORITE MOVES?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:35:53 AM »
Roll from impact.

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 03:17:52 PM »
cats and cat leaps
WIP

Offline Jaden Fennec

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Everyday I Test My Limits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 04:44:30 PM »
legit. cat leaps are definately up there for me.
Understand that this art has been created by few soldiers in Vietnam to escape or reach; this is the spirit I'd like parkour to keep. Its up to you to determine what is useful in an emergency situation, and what is'nt.
                   -David Belle

Offline Russell Wilkie

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 08:32:19 AM »
I have always personally loved the Kong vault. Took me a while to learn and it's still taking me some time to fine tune, but I always find it the most enjoyable. For about a second or two when I'm in my Kong vault and going over the obstacle it gives me a feeling that I'm flying.

Offline Brandon Entric

• Guenons
  • Chaparral Parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 05:35:29 AM »
Lazies and any variation of a lazy-turn.

Offline Ryan A. Vetter

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 01:28:48 PM »
Favourite movement is a reverse vault or gate vault, I don't get to use them much. Favourite combo though is Kong to precision.
So long as I have parkour I'm okay.

Offline Sam Dutton

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »
Probably precision jumps, because they just give you a big sense of accomplishment.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 03:53:26 PM »
Successful precisions are among the most satisfying of all movements, in my opinion.

Personally, I love wall runs. They've pretty basic as far as technique, but the physics behind them never ceases to amaze me. It's such a weird concept, but at the same time it makes perfect sense.

Offline Dakota

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • No Obstacles, Only Opportunities.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 07:00:44 AM »
Double Kongs. Especially over a gap. Woot! another would be sideflips. screw backflips.
There is a difference between simply being alive, and living. What do you gain by just simply eating and breathing? What is your life worth when you have nothing to lose?

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
Wall runs and reverse vaults. Wall runs are just amazing how we can even do it, I can drill them forever trying to get higher. Reverse vaults is that one move I really had fun learning and playing with and its such a slow, enjoyable vault.
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time

Offline Anthony Hadouken

• Mangabey
  • nor cal parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »
360 vaults, reverse push vault, maccaco full twist, b kick vault.... i have of favorites lol
pain is weakness leaving the body

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 04:29:09 PM »
They're movements which you can shorten to just call moves. Move and technique are fairly interchangeable. How does "technique" leave more room for creativity than "move"? Calling things moves doesn't make parkour a strict sport in any way. If people started explaining parkour as a defined set of these techniques then yes you'd have a very valid point, but that's not the case. The fact is that there are movements, moves, techniques, whatever, that everyone from the hardcore purist to the fun loving novice learns, and we all have our favorite things to do.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 04:57:43 PM »
I assume you're talking about the "how do I get started?" page where they outline some basic moves to start practicing, right? That isn't meant to be a comprehensive or restrictive list of all parkour moves, it just gives newcomers a good starting point. A lot of people are interested but don't know quite how to start, so I think a page like that is good to establish a sense of direction. I think it only becomes a bad thing if people start believing that just learning those moves is all parkour is about.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 05:54:16 PM »
 :)

Offline Robert "McMuffin" Teets

• Guenons
  • "Flow with your mind, Fly with your body"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 09:08:52 AM »
My favorite movement would have to be speed vault. I love having that satisfaction of simply flying over my obstacle while still keeping speed.
My favorite movement in a gym though, would have to be a dash bomb. So much fun into a foam pit.