Author Topic: PARKOUR SPOTS IN OCEEANSIDE???  (Read 637 times)

Offline Anthony

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
PARKOUR SPOTS IN OCEEANSIDE???
« on: January 27, 2013, 04:33:54 PM »
Is there anywhere in Oceanside with great parkour spots? I live near El Camino and Cesar Chavez Middle School, but i cant find any places with decent spots.

Offline Jaden Fennec

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Everyday I Test My Limits
    • View Profile
Re: PARKOUR SPOTS IN OCEEANSIDE???
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:35:36 AM »
if anything just climb the school. thats what i did at my house
Understand that this art has been created by few soldiers in Vietnam to escape or reach; this is the spirit I'd like parkour to keep. Its up to you to determine what is useful in an emergency situation, and what is'nt.
                   -David Belle

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:47:12 PM »
To be honest spots are, to an extent, what you make of them. Personally I started training behind some stores in a plaza nearby with just a wall some rails and some dumpsters. I train at a park near my old high school, and you'd be surprised how much fun you can have on playgrounds. More important than finding ideal spots is finding ways you can move in the places you have.
Also, climbing schools, at least near me, isn't a good idea because the cops tend to show up. It's best to avoid trespassing and really there isn't much to do on roofs once you get up there.
So really my advice is to keep your eyes open for places you can train and different ways to move with the places that you do have. One of the best parts about parkour is learning how to see different ways to move with the obstacles around you.

Offline Jaden Fennec

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Everyday I Test My Limits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 04:46:53 PM »
tru dat cops came one time, got off with a warning, not the best idea...mor responsible now though, dont get me wrong yo,
Understand that this art has been created by few soldiers in Vietnam to escape or reach; this is the spirit I'd like parkour to keep. Its up to you to determine what is useful in an emergency situation, and what is'nt.
                   -David Belle