Author Topic: crane jumps on rails posdible?  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
crane jumps on rails posdible?
« on: January 22, 2013, 08:03:48 PM »
A team member and I were having a debate on whether I was ethier Crane jumping on to a rail or the generic jumping on something. I would jump on the rail with one foot like a crane without the foot support. He says if I don't do the foot support thing then it isn't a crane jump. ??? Help please?
WIP

Offline James Mellen

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • make your own path, be like water
    • View Profile
Re: crane jumps on rails posdible?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:52:26 AM »
it dosent in no way matter what you call it, the movement is in its nature unexplainable. but for pett's sake, i dont have a clue about what your talking about, some pictures or a video might help, but with only your not so detailed explanation i dont have a clue. also, if your lacking in conviction of your jump strength or technique then its pointless argueing over what the name is.
???,ah!,oh wait?
people are too mental, BE yourself, BE who your heart wants you to be. become more intune with your body and dont get too mental.

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 02:24:09 PM »
it dosent in no way matter what you call it, the movement is in its nature unexplainable. but for pett's sake, i dont have a clue about what your talking about, some pictures or a video might help, but with only your not so detailed explanation i dont have a clue. also, if your lacking in conviction of your jump strength or technique then its pointless argueing over what the name is.
???,ah!,oh wait?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_w6ywNzcFI

This is a crane jump
WIP

Offline Brandon Entric

• Guenons
  • Chaparral Parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 06:22:05 AM »
Well, I feel that the crane jump is called so because you have one foot down like that, similar to how cranes stand or when people pretend they're a ninja and adopt the crane position.
So, it's probably just a one footed precision, though I don't think it matters too much in the long run, movement is movement.

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 06:34:40 AM »
Well, I feel that the crane jump is called so because you have one foot down like that, similar to how cranes stand or when people pretend they're a ninja and adopt the crane position.
So, it's probably just a one footed precision, though I don't think it matters too much in the long run, movement is movement.

Thank you. He's still got about 9 months experience in, but you're right. The name doesn't matter.
WIP

Offline Jaden Fennec

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Everyday I Test My Limits
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 10:00:16 AM »
right right, the name doesnt matter, BUT you can crane jump onto a rail, its easy, ive done it. no sweat, but just keep on keepin on my  man. Dont be afraid to set your own path, discover your own capabilities, create your own style, good luck broha.
Understand that this art has been created by few soldiers in Vietnam to escape or reach; this is the spirit I'd like parkour to keep. Its up to you to determine what is useful in an emergency situation, and what is'nt.
                   -David Belle

Offline James Mellen

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • make your own path, be like water
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 08:54:54 AM »
yea, in some cases the crane might be a better move, especially with rails. so you dont over shoot. that way you can land and use the leg that not on the rail (the thigh) to help steady your seflf.
people are too mental, BE yourself, BE who your heart wants you to be. become more intune with your body and dont get too mental.