Author Topic: Any tips/suggestions for a newbie?  (Read 1927 times)

Offline humanmeatbag

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Any tips/suggestions for a newbie?
« on: November 07, 2012, 04:04:07 PM »
I have had an extreme interest in parkour/freerunning for quite sometime. I have not done to much for conditioning except some running. Today, I had walked down to the park and just started jumping off of benches to get the roll down. I also had started doing front flips with a running start on flat ground, which I am fairly comfortable with, even though the probably look incredibly ugly. (gotta start somewhere) Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had any TIPS or SUGGESTIONS on how to get to a good start and some things to practice on. I have no where to really train, except little parks and some open fields. help?

Offline Tyler Summers

• Mangabey
  • La maladie du traceur
    • View Profile
    • Tylers911
Re: Any tips/suggestions for a newbie?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 08:34:19 AM »
That's basically the same way I started. I spent most of my time watching YouTube videos and trying to replicate movements I saw. There was nobody in my area that were any good at parkour. They were all about the level "hardcore parkour" aka noob. My best resource was apk so if you ever have any questions just ask.

Try basic movements  like rolls of course, then lazy vaults and work your way up to harder movements like a kong and speed vault. If you don't know what they are just look up a tutorial on YouTube.
2 Samuel 22
30 For by you I can run against a troop; By my God I can leap over a wall.
33 God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect.
34 ...he sets me on my high places.
37 you enlarged my path under me; so my feet did not slip.