Author Topic: Where is the 50 & over forum?!  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Cobramax

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Where is the 50 & over forum?!
« on: July 25, 2012, 09:29:40 AM »
Hey,
I just started this incredible discipline and I turned 50 this Spring. What got me started was my 23 yr old son was doing "Ninja Warrior" workouts that involve lots of upper body. He asked me to work out with him. That got me into "body weight lifting". Next thing you know, I have ropes hanging from my trees and essentially doing Parkour training workouts. Then I saw Jesse Le Flair's Youtube videos and they got me hooked. Within a week, I can do rudimentary Safety, Speed, Kong, and Reverse vaults. I plan to post my progress on my Youtube channel. So if this old guy can do it...your'e never too old. BTW, just had a physical and nothing to indicate that this will kill me. So, game on!
Max Fin

Offline Alex Patterson

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the 50 & over forum?!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 06:47:39 AM »
Hey Max. Don't you know 50 is too old for this? Ha. Just kidding. Its awesome. And very good working out with your son.

I love it when  a person is doing what the norm says they're not  suppose to be doing based  on a stupid number.

I work with a guy who, by the way he acted,  I could of sworn was pushing 70. But  came to find out he just turned 55. Just sad.

Anyways. Glad you're here.

Offline Xander79

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Settle for less, and you miss out on the best..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 07:01:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum. It's good to hear someone that far up is willing to put so much into getting exercise again. Most of my relatives are at that age or over and say its just too late for them already heh. Keep it up =D

Offline Timothy Chen Allen

• Patas
  • "The limits are further out than you think"
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 06:56:27 AM »
I was just wond3e3ring the same thing; I turned 49 in June 2013, so next June I'll be a quintogenarian (word?).  I plan on hitting it full blast.
Timothy Chen Allen
"The limits are further out than you think"
Washington, DC
Facebook:TimothyChenAllen
My training log
President's Challenge Parkour Group

Offline Wendy Swearingen

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 07:48:02 PM »
I 48 and just beginning. It really feels like I'm going way too slow. But I don't want to injure myself. I'm having to train by myself because there is no one in my area. Anyone in or near South Carolina?

Offline Timothy Chen Allen

• Patas
  • "The limits are further out than you think"
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 09:16:57 AM »
I 48 and just beginning. It really feels like I'm going way too slow. But I don't want to injure myself. I'm having to train by myself because there is no one in my area. Anyone in or near South Carolina?

GO SLOW!  I'm 49 and started this when I was 45; the biggest problem I had was that my muscles got strong before my tendons did, and I ended up with Patellar Tendinitis (Jumper's Knee).  The young'uns don't have that problem as much.  That said, finding a group from whom to get inspiration is a good idea; just keep in mind that you are not obligated to try everything the fifteen year olds do!  Good luck!
Timothy Chen Allen
"The limits are further out than you think"
Washington, DC
Facebook:TimothyChenAllen
My training log
President's Challenge Parkour Group