Author Topic: Moving to WI; how's the community?  (Read 3024 times)

Offline Brandan Mendenhall

• Hirundo Rustica
  • [est. 1988]
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Parkour
Moving to WI; how's the community?
« on: July 24, 2012, 08:23:34 AM »
Hey, whoever reads this thread!

I'm going to be moving to Wisconsin in December (yes, I know) from Phoenix, AZ and just wanted to see what I can expect as far as a PK community. I will be moving either to Green Bay or Two Rivers--more than likely Two Rivers.

Am I gonna have some midwest traceurs to train with or be all alone?
Your obstacle is my shortcut.

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to WI; how's the community?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 03:59:59 PM »
Lots of luck finding locals who are interested in committing to training in December when you arrive but we do have individuals spread across the state you can find to train with if the time is right.  I will hopefully be continuing the class we've had at the Green Bay YMCA through as long as it lasts however the largest concentration of those training would probably fall in the Madison-Milwaukee region.  I hope the move goes smoothly for you and you do find someone to keep the drive going but if anything, get out and don't be afraid to train solo.  Be open to new experiences and people and talk it up, become your own best driving force just be sure to get your facts straight and point those who show interest in the right direction.  Best wishes good sir!
Training is the facilitation of your belief in it.

Offline Brandan Mendenhall

• Hirundo Rustica
  • [est. 1988]
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Parkour
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 12:43:24 PM »
Oh trust me, I'm no stranger to training alone and trying to get people together. My contact info is posted all over the AZ section, and I'm sure it'll be the same for WI soon enough lol (:

What's this YMCA class business about? I plan on being in Green Bay probably several times a week (weather permitting), and I'd be interested in checking that out. My move date has actually been pushed to October 1st so I can enjoy Oktoberfest and Terror on the Fox, etc etc
Your obstacle is my shortcut.

Offline Bobby Orwig

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 10:55:26 AM »
How was the move?  Get everything figured out?

Offline Joshua

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 06:16:30 PM »
You jerk, you're not moving out here :( And i was very excited to finally have a parkour buddy again. The little training i did with you and your group was priceless, and i definitely could use some more training lol.

Offline James Rivard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 11:26:59 AM »
Hey, apologies for not checking back as often as one should. We still have class in GB, check the YMCA program guide for details. Its held on Saturdays 3:30-4:30 for the older group. If class isn't an option for whatever reason let us know if we can make a trip to come train some time wherever you might be.
Training is the facilitation of your belief in it.