Author Topic: at 32  (Read 4348 times)

Offline Xander79

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Settle for less, and you miss out on the best..
    • View Profile
at 32
« on: July 21, 2012, 07:50:51 PM »
Heyo, just wanted to throw in an intro post for me. I've been a member of apk for a few years or so I think and have been using exercises via the videos that some of their members post etc etc for over a year now. Before that I was all weightlifting. I've noticed these gymnastical exercises have been developing my body alot more toner and at alot more angles as they promise they will. I also run several miles a day which also aids immensely with doing parkour. For example, I can jog along the length of a wall as I've put into part of my daily jogging routine. Thats something that startles quite a few 20 year old parkours.
I've been welcomed into a parkour group that trains people for free in two of the city parks in this city and for some reason seem to be one of the better at the sport than the rest of the group who shows up, save for the top trainer etc.  I've also joined a forum for these nearby parkour groups that are mostly populated by teenagers and college kids. I feel some calling to help train the younger ones and make sure they're doing right. Theres alot of kids out there who give parkour a bad name and its easier for us older men to identify such and know what to say to keep them outa trouble and have fun.

Offline Wave?

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: at 32
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:19:08 AM »
Welcome on these boards than Xander. It's a good idea to help the younger ones with their training. One of the benefits of being older is the expertise about training that came with the years. I've helped the younger ones in their training in my city for about 4 years now and we train every Friday night together. Ages between 12 and late 20's. Always fun. But don't forget to learn from them! Learning from each other is one of the great things in parkour and every person got individual skills; strenght, aggility, mindset etc. Take profit of each other. Teaching is the strongest way to learn.
Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something.
Morihei Ueshiba.(founder of aikido)

Offline Xander79

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:35:36 PM »
You got an excellent point there. I do more learning from them than teaching. The leader of the group is alot younger and he's a brilliant kid for example. I don't mind learning from them at all. They know more about this stuff than me. But as you said, I do have more experience in training and conditioning myself. =D

Offline Alex Patterson

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 06:41:59 AM »
Welcome, wecolme.  Hey. Your name is the last part of my first name.

Its good to be getting more people our age.

Offline Xander79

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »
tyty. yeah we got the same first names. =D

Offline Xander79

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 07:06:59 PM »

Ode Hartford

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 12:02:27 PM »
 :-Sarcasm
I have a gun under my bed and in a few hours I think I'm gonna kill myself. I already tried a suicide hotline which didn't work for ****. My wife left me for some other guy, this caused me to become detached. But one day at work someone pissed me off so bad that I lost my temper and I got fired the next..

Offline Raiddinn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 07:11:51 AM »
Don't do it.  Most people are glad that they didn't after a few weeks.

PM if you want to talk.  I have been down there myself in the past.

Offline Tim "Cabra" Cutts

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 12:33:18 PM »
:-Sarcasm
I have a gun under my bed and in a few hours I think I'm gonna kill myself. I already tried a suicide hotline which didn't work for ****. My wife left me for some other guy, this caused me to become detached. But one day at work someone pissed me off so bad that I lost my temper and I got fired the next..

Please do not hurt yourself over someone else.  No one is worth that.  Please seek help, we have all been down before.  It gets better, I promise!
Train smart, train safe.  You are not your neighbor.

APK Certified as of May '14
APK Ambassador as of March '15