Author Topic: A.N.W women  (Read 2711 times)

Offline tj

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
A.N.W women
« on: July 15, 2012, 11:58:25 AM »
So i was watching american ninka warrior the otger day and the menchened that not a single woman has finished even the qualifying course... just as an open question, y do u all think that is? Im not sexest and believe anything a man can do a girl can too but whats is holding them back in this competition?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:35:47 PM by tj »

Offline Rafe

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Natural Athletics
Re: A.N.W women
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:44:54 PM »
Its not sexist to acknowledge that men and women have different capabilities its just realism. In sport there is a persistent approximately 10 percent gap in performance between elite male and female athletes that stopped converging 30 years ago, in all sports that have high level of participation of both sexes. Women are smaller, they have more body fat and less muscle mass, they have lower levels of testerone which helps build muscle and strength as well as potentiates the nervous system for explosivesness. The reall gap in performance between males and females may actually by wider because almost everyone at the elite level of sports is on PEDs which work better for men then women because they are derivatives of male hormones which women are more senstive too.

I think only one women has made it past the jump hang on ANW I think this is largely due to weight and height they can't depress the trampoline enough to get a good bounce and then are not tall and long enough to grab the net. There are definitely female athletes who could do so, a good female pole vaulter could probably make the jump hang fairly easily being selected for decent size plus lots of strength and speed.

The other issue with Ninja warrior is the biasing of the of athlete pool, that is to say there are hundreds of male athletes every year representing a wider range of different levels of athletiscm, size and physical background against a dozen or so female athletes.

All of the top female competitors like Luci Steel, Natalie Strasser, and Janine cundy so far have been smaller girls I doubt any of them is over 130 pounds. A girl who was similarly athletic to those three but 5^8 and 150 would probably have better chance on that obstacle.

I shall not fear, fear is the mind killer the little death that precedes total obliteration

I will face my fear, I will let it pass over and through me and were it is gone, I will turn the inner eye and see its path, and only I will remain.