Author Topic: 5280 magazine  (Read 7235 times)

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
5280 magazine
« on: December 14, 2005, 04:18:04 PM »
I've been in contact with the same reporter we worked with on the Boulder Weekly parkour article and he works for 5280 now. 5280 magazine wants to do an article about parkour with a new twist. This time, Joel will be comparing our views and uses of well known denver structures with the views of expert architects. it will be an article to show how we see the world in a whole new way and stuff like that. should be taking place over the next few weeks. will post back here when I know more.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 01:29:26 PM by Demon »

Offline jackdaniels

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: 5280 magazine
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 04:32:06 PM »
cool man keep us notified

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 11:29:48 PM »
On monday, jan. 2nd, I am meeting with the reporter and the president of the the Denver chapter of the American Institute of Architects, Martha Bennett. We will be walking around some downtown areas discussing different areas and architecture. I asked the reporter if more people could come but he would rather it just be us 3 so we can get a good dialogue or somethin going on. Chances are that we would meet up again after that with a 5280 magazine photographer for pics, so hopefully I can get more people involved with that.

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
  • its al (like the name) /tea/ mot (rhymes with not)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »
SICK!!

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 05:58:35 PM »
Well it was a pretty successful day. The three of us walked around downtown discussing different areas and I demonstrated some stuff. We went to skyline park, convention center, 16th st mall, performing arts complex, qwest park, and astro roof. The article is planned to run in the march issue of 5280. there will probably be a photo shoot sometime before then but that hasnt been planned yet.

the architect Martha Bennett was very cool and interested in parkour. She even suggested that she can try to pull some strings to get us a demo at skyline park or maybe even inside the convention center during Doors Open Denver in April. Doors Open Denver is a few days in a row where all the buildings in Denver are open to the public. It first ran last year and thousands of people showed up in downtown for it. This year is expected to be even bigger and better so it would be awesome if we got an organized parkour demo during that time. I will be in contact with her more and will keep you guys posted on that.

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 06:34:23 PM »
That would be so awesome to be in a demo! Think how many more people would join. we would be the most traceur dense state in America, from what i have seen. Do you think the demo would be featuring only two or three people, or is it any copk-ers?

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 07:56:58 PM »
well its hard to say, especially since its purely in speculation as of right now. if it even goes through, my guess is the best scenario would be a medium sized group of traceurs all hitting up the area at the same time. then maybe a smaller group demonstrating some more detailed things. of course this would all need to be organized and at least partially semi choreographed, meaning anyone involved would need to be part of practicing and organizing.

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 09:24:40 PM »
Oh man that would be awesome.  :)  I have always kind of thought of something happening like this. weird. well anyway, keep us posted. ;)

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 11:11:23 PM »
That would be totally sweet.  I'm probably not good enough to be in a demo yet, but maybe by the time it gets planned out I will be.  ;D
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Brandon Blessing

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Colorado Parkour
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 10:17:41 AM »
Good stuff man.

Offline Quazar

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Whatup my Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 06:14:10 PM »
Great to hear, man.  This is really cool.

"In heaven, we'll all freerun with Jesus"
                           ..."His Kongs are off the hook!"

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
Re: 5280 magazine (Coming out soon in the April issue)
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 01:13:17 PM »
i was told by multiple sources that the the article should be coming out in the April issue. then i just found out that it will not be. now they are saying that they havent set a date yet. geez...

also, I am making progress with the doors open denver demo. the authorities have showed a lot of interest but right now i am still trying to get permits/waivers/legal crap figured out.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 01:29:12 PM by Demon »

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
Re: 5280 magazine (Coming out soon in the April issue)
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 01:19:40 PM »
Ugh, legal crap :P.  Somtimes I just wish that the world didn't need laws, it seems like there are more stupid little annoying laws for pointless issues than there are for huge things.  Well keep it up, and good luck ;)
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »
ok now its final. this will run in the may issue.

i think it will also feature a photo of chris robin taken by brandon.

Offline Vapor

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 08:46:57 PM »
A picture of me?  When'd this happen?  Not that I'm complaining...but I mean, what picture, do you know?  ???
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."
-Richard Bach, Illusions

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 09:33:19 PM »
i sent him a bunch of the best pics copk has and he chose one of you doing a lazy vault at skyline park.

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 09:26:57 PM »
Finally the article has been published. There is a one page article on pg. 30 in the May edition of 5280 magazine. If you want to check it out, you should be able to find it in any large grocery store. It turned out short and sweet and features a nice photo of Christopher Robin taken by Brandon.

Offline Strydzz

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 09:12:12 PM »
It was a great article Demon! I like how the hot spots were compared with different views and the overall orginality of how it was put together....except for the fact of the skateboarder comparrison! Well done!
I live in the now, tomorrow does't exist to me. I live to die happy.