Author Topic: wrist pain  (Read 1749 times)

Acekingpk

wrist pain
« on: June 13, 2012, 10:55:20 PM »
Hi, I'm not english but I'll try to explain the situation clearly. I train for 11 months with some people of my city. In these 11 months I could see a lot of people but of these people those that train constantly are me and 2 my friends. Between us, I and one my friend have pain at the wrist. I've this problem for 5 months and I can't understand the cause. I can't do climb-up, and the kong is painful. I'm writing you for find with you the problem. I train myself everyday for 2/3 hours ( sometimes also for 4 hours ), is it a problem? Is it too? I think that can be the lack of warm up...we don't give much time to warm up...we warm up with some monkey, precision, ecc...and this can explain because between 3 people, 2 ones have pain at the wrist..what do you think?

Edit: The pain is at the level of the pain and I can feel it when I bend the wrist like as in the climb up, handstand or push ups.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:58:49 PM by Maurizio Faleo »

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
Re: wrist pain
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 05:35:32 AM »
I would very highly suggest going to a physiotherapist.

If you want a guess you need to give me more detail:

If you want a guess by myself, we can do that..

1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts. For the computer illiterate (use MS paint to mark it, and imgur.com to upload). Tell me what tissue(s) it feels like it's hurting in, or if it's more superficial or deep in the joint?

2. What exercises hurt? Which shoulder articulations hurt? Make sure you check both with passive motion (you moving the leg without it moving itself) and resistive/active motion (you moving it, and you moving it against force). Also tell me when and what movements during these exercises are eliciting the pain?
http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Wrist.html

3. What type of pain is it? Burning? Ache? Tingling? Sharp?

4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.

5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~8+ weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?

6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?

7. What have you been doing for recovery purposes? Do these recovery methods help?

8. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?

9. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?

10. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?

11. Any previous injury history?

12. How's your posture?

13. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?

14. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Acekingpk

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 10:35:36 PM »
I would very highly suggest going to a physiotherapist.

If you want a guess you need to give me more detail:

I' not english, but I'll try to be as clear as possible.

1) Pic: http://imgur.com/O6VHe
The pain is deep in the joint and I can't tell you what tissue hurts.
2)The wrist hurts in the kong vault, monkey vault, one hand reverse, pop, climb up...The wrist hurts also if I push against a wall like this:

3) The pain is sharp.
4)I rate the pain 4.
5)The pain is chronic (5 months) and from jenuary the pain is steady.
6) I've trained myself the first 2 months, I stopped for the next month, but the pain isn't reduced and I decided to bear the pain and continue to train my self.
7) I didn't understand this question  ???
8) The pain is costant...but I guess that i do a lot of climb up the pain will increase.
9)There aren't sweling
10) The pain is the same at the start and at the end of the day. After the exercise the pain is slightly more intense.
11) No, i haven't any injury history.

I hope to be clear  :)

Offline Sam Dutton

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 12:21:17 PM »
You should definetly see a physiotherapist.  And I don't think you should do anything that makes it hurt.

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 04:31:21 PM »
The pain is deep in the joint and I can't tell you what tissue hurts.

Yep, definitely see a therapist.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book