Author Topic: VIVOBAREFOOTs?  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Tyler

• Guenons
  • KONG!
    • View Profile
VIVOBAREFOOTs?
« on: June 06, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »
I am looking for a minimalist shoe and I found <a href="http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/mens/aqua-lite-mens-28.html "target="_blank">these[/url]
Its the Aqua Lite for men. I really like the look of the white one and was wondering if anyone would recommend this shoe or maybe even suggest a different one? Please let me know, thanks.

P.S. The link will open a new tab
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:32:01 AM by TB »
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
the valiant taste of death but once."

Offline Memitchi

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: VIVOBAREFOOTs?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 02:38:36 PM »
I suggest asking Ryan Ford. He wears Aqua Lites. His channel is "DemonDrills" on YouTube.

Offline Sparklefish

• EAF!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • San Francisco Parkour
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 02:22:15 AM »
I have a pair.  I've worn them for a month or so of training now.

They are the best running shoes I've ever had, and are extremely comfortable to wear everywhere.  Their incredibly lightness, flexibility, and ground feel make them my favorite pair of shoes for almost everything, except parkour.  The grip is disappointing.  Because of the flexibility I can overcome the grip for things like precisions, even rail precisions, but wall runs, tic tacs, and similar moves are difficult to impossible.

Sadly I have yet to find a minimalist shoe with decent to great grip.  So far my best option is to own a good minimalist shoe, 5.10 Daescents for gravity hacking huuuuuge walls for fun every now and then, and Tigers for the majority of training.  Long live Tigers.

Offline Ryan Sannar

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Jump Utah
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 07:49:34 AM »
Not to hijak thread, but Vibrams has great grip. Whats the comparision between Feyiues and the Vivobarefoots? Anyone know?
10 push ups.

Offline Memitchi

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 12:29:17 PM »
Not to hijak thread, but Vibrams has great grip. Whats the comparision between Feyiues and the Vivobarefoots? Anyone know?

Vivos have even less protection and more flexibility, but it seems that most Vivos have trash grip.

Offline Memitchi

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 12:30:35 PM »
I have a pair.  I've worn them for a month or so of training now.

They are the best running shoes I've ever had, and are extremely comfortable to wear everywhere.  Their incredibly lightness, flexibility, and ground feel make them my favorite pair of shoes for almost everything, except parkour.  The grip is disappointing.  Because of the flexibility I can overcome the grip for things like precisions, even rail precisions, but wall runs, tic tacs, and similar moves are difficult to impossible.

Sadly I have yet to find a minimalist shoe with decent to great grip.  So far my best option is to own a good minimalist shoe, 5.10 Daescents for gravity hacking huuuuuge walls for fun every now and then, and Tigers for the majority of training.  Long live Tigers.

Which Tigers do you wear? Also, which Vivos do you have? I have Neos, but I've heard the Aqua Lites have better grip. I'm waiting on Ryan Ford to respond. :(