Author Topic: Bomb Ass Obstacle Course Ideas  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
Bomb Ass Obstacle Course Ideas
« on: May 29, 2012, 08:01:59 PM »
Alright, guys. You know the drill. List some ideas of a Bomb Ass Obstacle Course.

I'm equipped with:

Ropes
Tires
Barbwire
Wood out the wazoo
I can dig mudpits

Any other ideas that could possibly be made with the above and/or more? I can get my hands on pretty much anything. Just want to make it before summer ends. Wanna make it legit like Warrior Dash, Spartan Race, Ninja Warrior    :-Sarcasm :-Sarcasm

But for real.

I need help.
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
Re: Bomb Ass Obstacle Course Ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 08:02:24 PM »
Preferably Kyle. He seems like he'd know a lot. :p
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline Jason C. Astor

• Mangabey
  • Never Give up, Never Surrender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 06:22:44 AM »
Ninja Warrior is much different then Warrior Dash, Spartan Race, Tough Mudder etc.. 

Ropes- Find 2 rows of trees of trees 8' apart. Tie ropes tightly to bases and opposite branch's at alternating angles and direction. Also, Rope climb and Swings over mud

Tires- Tire Run of course. Also, hanging tires that you run through or people can actually throw at you (good times)

Barbwire- Mud Crawl

Wood- Log Carry, Wall Run ups, Berlin Walls, Big ass A-Frame, Fire

Mud- sucks to run through

Misc- Downed trees to get around or over or under, Crawl through tubes, Balance Beam over water, Monkey bars. You could do like "RunForYourLives" Zombie run type deal and have people trying to catch you and pull a flag. Ice pools. Big Ass steep Hill runs.

I like the idea of throwing in a few obsticals that make you think. Like- Build this or "Use these to move that" and a few obsticles that make people work as a team.

Hope that helps
David Belle once robbed a bank and left all the money on the Roof. He just wanted to prove that he could overcome any "Vault"..

"Those who lack the Courage will always find a Philosophy to justify it" -Camus

Offline Ryan A. Vetter

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 07:57:17 AM »
Fallen trees have various uses, including piling dirt over the top just to pack it down and repeat, in this way you build an obstacle that may require the person to sprint over; pending the location of the obstacle could easily trip the flow of almost anybody.

Gauntlet tires are painful, and when somebody throws them it hurts more. What you could do is have multiple ties to the tires, essentially forcing a person to not touch the ground based per your rules.

Tire swings requiring a person to leap to the next is difficult, but is definitely doable.
So long as I have parkour I'm okay.

Offline Josh Vernier

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Evolution Revolution Fitness
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 07:59:52 PM »
I don't know if it would be doable, but a couple walls of different heights for scaling are always fun. Also vertical posts of different heights and distances to one-foot hop around on.