Author Topic: Handstand workout?  (Read 4457 times)

Offline Jayy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Handstand workout?
« on: March 23, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »
this has probably been posted before and forgive me if it has...but is there a certain workout or a specific areas of the upperbody that need to be worked on in order to correctly perform a handstand? plz let me know so I can get to it!!!

Gearsighted

Re: Handstand workout?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 03:16:31 AM »
Though overhead presses, push-ups, etc. will help, I have a super-secret method to maximize your ability to handstand. It's pretty cool, because it utilizes some very scientific concepts to minimize wasted time. The trick is to make the most of neurosynaptic facilitation to prime the neuro-muscular system for maximum benefit. The methods for doing this are somewhat arduous, but it's worth it in the end.

Oh, and if you were wondering, neurosynaptic facilitation is just practice...and lots of it. Handstands on the wall, every day, shooting for 5 minutes inverted as a minimum daily, then trying to reduce the amount of help the wall is giving, then kicking up and fighting for the free-standing handstand, and doing this EVERY DAY, is the only surefire way to figure this skill out. It takes lots of practice.

Besides that, this might help a bit:  http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Competition/Hoffman/YorkHandBalance/yorkhb1.htm

though I've found it most useful as far as tips and ideas for some of the more-advanced handbalancing skills.

Offline HighlyEffectedTeen

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Handstand workout?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 03:39:44 AM »
Thx so much this helped me a lot  ;D :D