Author Topic: By way of introduction  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Gary Hewitt

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
By way of introduction
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:35:48 AM »
Hey guys

Great forum and nice to see a spot for us older guys, I turned 42 this year. Like many of you on here I've spent most of my life active, started as a trampolinist when I was a kid then got into martial arts in my teens competing in kickboxing. Spent the next 20 years teaching kickboxing, wrestling and MMA, had my own full-time academy for 12 years or so but got tired of fighting every day and needed a change so 3 years ago I sold up and moved out to Austria with my family. We bought a guesthouse so we've spent the last 3 years getting the business up and running, still been training, mostly hand balancing and gymnastic strength work and skiing through the winters, the trouble with Austria is they seem to live on beer, schnapps and sausage. Finally got everything running smoothly and got the diet back on track and was looking for something to get my heart racing and put some fun back into my workouts, always enjoyed climbing up things and jumping over things so decided to give parkour a go, now I've got a new lease of life back in my training and look forward to getting up each day and larking about. Looking forward to where this year will take me and enjoying the journey.