Author Topic: Problem with legs/hips  (Read 2764 times)

Offline Jordan Bates

• Patas
    • View Profile
Problem with legs/hips
« on: April 14, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
So I want to get into tricking more, but a problem is that a lot of times with moves in tricking it causes somewhere around the top of my leg or hips to pop (not sure if "pop" is the best fit but I don't know what else to call it). This happens a lot with kicks and moving my legs in awkward directions. Also it hurts when this happens. And if I do it too much I get kind of sore and then it really hurts if it happens.

I haven't done it too much lately so it's not that bad right now. I think stretching a lot has helped it and I can deal with by trying to figure out what movements not to do. Just wondering if anyone has similar experiences or advice.

Offline Swa

• Patas
  • Life's short, make fun of it!
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with legs/hips
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 04:11:02 PM »
Stretch!
i know exactly what you mean, and it all goes away with some flexibility in the hip flexors.  stretch all 3 splits, mostly middle.

have a nice day

Offline Jordan Bates

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 06:11:13 PM »
Ah good to know. =)

I've noticed that stretching helps so I've been trying to focus on getting more flexible. I'll keep that up

Offline Nick Fernandez

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 11:03:12 PM »
Wait, is it sore or is it popping? And by popping does it feel like your leg is jamming into your hips at the bone?

I noticed you said it's from kicking, too, probably from drilling tornados/540s am I right? I had that problem too, but you can fix it easily. It just has to do with letting your hips turn and square out so your leg can extend. When you leave the hips back and not following your kick, that's when you get the "awkward position" because you're forcing your leg to go somewhere in which there is no opening for the kick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbx-yzFgBo

"If you're afraid to fall, you'll fall because you're afraid." -Daniel Ilabaca

Offline Jordan Bates

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 01:38:36 PM »
Nick I'm not sure if that's it but I'll keep that in mind and see if that helps.

Edit: Actually you may be right. I think I was over thinking what you meant hips squaring out.. It's sort of hard to apply this to some movements but I'll practice fixing this..
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:01:36 PM by Jørdan »

Offline DevintheNinja

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 07:14:51 AM »
Stretch!
i know exactly what you mean, and it all goes away with some flexibility in the hip flexors.  stretch all 3 splits, mostly middle.

stretch at least 15 mins prior to tricking. do mostly dynamic stretches
LVPK-Las Vegas Parkour
Urban Aces LV
I'm a security guard that WILL CHASE YOU!!!!!
Devintheninja's twitter page