Author Topic: Salt Lake City Group  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Crosion_5

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Ultimatetraceur.com
Salt Lake City Group
« on: March 20, 2012, 05:29:47 PM »
Any traceurs here in this city?  I want to start a group.  I have been doing parkour since 2005, and I'm still going strong.  I'm 22, and want to find some guys (or girls) to train with.

If you are serious about parkour and want to help me get something going, let me know.

Offline Ryan Sannar

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Jump Utah
Re: Salt Lake City Group
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 06:29:29 AM »
I'm in Draper and I run Jump Utah  (look us up on facebook for more event info).

The salt lake community is a little underground, but the more people we can get involved the better.
10 push ups.

Offline Crosion_5

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Ultimatetraceur.com
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:43:21 AM »
I checked out the Jump Utah Forums and posted about doing a weekly thing near Salt Lake.  Any ideas on how to get people out there to train?  Downtown Salt Lake is just filled with beautiful parkour spots.  It's a shame there isn't a regular group taking advantage of it.

Offline Ryan Sannar

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Jump Utah
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 08:46:01 AM »
Yeah actually I've been meaning to remove those. I'll have to do that soon. Yeah I'm trying to make sure the forums on here are used. But yes it is a shame that Salt Lake isn't used more often.

I'd also suggest contacting Sean Bigelow of DEFY parkour (group on facebook) they have a workshop weekly in midvale.

Also keep me up to date if you find more people. I'm trying to get the community in Salt Lake connected.
10 push ups.

Offline Crosion_5

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Ultimatetraceur.com
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 03:24:16 AM »
Maybe between the two of us we can make something happen.

I will be doing most of my training during the day, since I work nights.  Saturdays will probably be my biggest training days.  If anyone wants to join me, just let me know.  I'll always be around.

I don't really feel a need to run off to other cities or towns regularly, because I am right smack downtown Salt Lake and don't mind training alone, but I wouldn't mind traveling to a jam or two in other places every once and a while.

Offline Ryan Sannar

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Jump Utah
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »
Yeah we should have some stuff in your area held soon. Why don't you hop on facebook and post on JumpUtah's wall. I'll tag a couple of people in my comment who might live around your area.
10 push ups.

Offline James Bowden

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 02:54:45 AM »
DUDE I work nights as well! I want in.  Let's get together and jam. I'm 25, have been doing a cross of p90x and parkour and  I need someone to train with.  This sport is beautiful.  I am not terribly good.  I've got a gopro if that gives you any incentive.  Here's my dumb vid. I'm still a newb, but have been training everyday for 2 months now by myself, cause my friends are LAME! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kumWYbwVK_I

jim.bowden@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you!

Jim