Author Topic: getting in shape to start in the bay area  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Metal Monkey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
getting in shape to start in the bay area
« on: March 04, 2012, 12:34:14 PM »
I'm 31, in Pacifica, CA. I'm getting in better shape to start training. I've been watching lots of training videos to give me ideas and get me more excited.

I've been doing exercises like burpees, pullups, squats, dips, inverted situps and running. I'd like to lose 10-15 lbs first to avoid carrying that extra fat that's just going to make it harder. I know I'll be able to learn a lot of movements. I've occasionally done rolls and lazy vaults my whole life for no particular reason, and I'm so stoked that there's this whole system with that kind of stuff that I was missing out on. It's like there's this whole group sanctioning me rolling and jumping around like I've really wanted to do but haven't found an outlet for or been told it's ok.

Any other newbies around the peninsula or SF area? I see there's a SF club, but I get the impression there aren't many people over 21 who are doing this or even want to learn. I'd be open to training with them, but I'd feel less out of place if there were some people in their late 20s, 30s or 40s I could learn with.