Author Topic: Training Logs?  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Jim "Monkey" Parker

• Mangabey
  • I am a leaf on the wind...Watch how I soar...
    • View Profile
Training Logs?
« on: March 08, 2007, 06:23:19 AM »
Hey all!
I don't know about you..but I'm the kind of person who performs best when I'm pushed by other people...
I resurrected my training journal after last week's class. You can find it here: http://contactjimparker.googlepages.com/parkerparkourtraininglog

Anyone else keeping a log? Post your link or copy/paste into here.

Thanks!
Jim
A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step
-Japanese Proverb

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
Re: Training Logs?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 10:46:41 AM »
I agree Jim. Training logs are good ways to keep yourself honest and working hard. I have a training log that I use a lot her eon the forums: http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,2602.0.html. I started slacking on my posts in it for the past couple weeks though. Will get back on it.

Offline Darkhorizont

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »

Offline bama

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 03:39:13 AM »
hey jim,

I dont keep a training log, but I like your workout alot. I do something similar. one of the things I do in my regular workout is combo training. I find a set of rails or vualtable walls that are close together and work the hell out of combos. it is GREAT cardio and helps you to think fast on your feet, as well as helping build good timing, flow, and form.  do you got any tips for me on my training?

thanx
bama

Offline Jim "Monkey" Parker

• Mangabey
  • I am a leaf on the wind...Watch how I soar...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 10:53:28 AM »
Hey Bama!

Thanks for the advice! The workout I have been doing is the homework from Parkour classes, mixed in with my other interests. (climbing, mountain running, biking)

My only advice would be: Don't wait until you're 30 to start Parkour!!!  Your knees will hate you! ;D

I have been taking Ryan and Matt's class since they started in the fall. I overdid it back then and ripped up my abs so bad I had to stop everything for almost two months!!! I'm back training now and enjoying the deep soreness after every Saturday's class. Even though I have been a climber for 13 years..Parkour just works a different set of muscles and joints. Plus it's a lot more dynamic..which is fun!

Enjoy your Parkour experiences...learn to push through the frustrations and revel in your accomplishments.  And don't push so hard you injure yourself!! It's better to see small gains than to have to sit the sidelines for months!

See you out there!

Cheers
Jim
A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step
-Japanese Proverb