Author Topic: Getting back in shape after an injury  (Read 2211 times)

Offline TorrentPK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Getting back in shape after an injury
« on: December 13, 2005, 01:34:47 PM »
On August 14th, I f#cked up a precision jump and sprained my ankle (in a GYM. With padded floors. How f#cking lame is that?). I'm a very slow healer, and I've been out of action for almost 4 months. Now, I'm mostly healed, I want to start PK'ing again. Problem is, I've gone 4 months unable do to anything really athletic, so my muscles are atrophied. Any suggestions for how I can get back in shape?

Gearsighted

Re: Getting back in shape after an injury
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 04:21:12 PM »
Start off slowly, doing as much as you can without any pain in your previously injured area. I would suggest picking up on the WOD on the main page and scaling appropriately. The most important thing is to take your time and don't get in a hurry to be back at 100%. This will only lead to further injury and even MORE down-time.

If you're ankle is mostly better, then the majority of the workouts will be OK, you might have to scale back some of the higher-impact exercises appropriately. I think that a good bodyweight strength and conditioning program along with the proper diet will get you back to previous (if not better than previous) levels in no time!

Feel free to email me if you need any suggestions for appropriate substitutions, tips on performance diet, or anything else you may be having problems with!

Good luck!