Author Topic: Kalenji Success/Decathlon Vision  (Read 11029 times)

Offline Stephen

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Kalenji Success/Decathlon Vision
« on: January 16, 2012, 08:43:27 PM »
Okay, I'm sure everybody's heard of it. If you have, please skip this section.

If not, then a quick background.

Not originally made for being a Parkour-specific shoe, however the Success by Kalenji became the number one choice shoe in the U.K. in the late '08 due to its incredible grip and durability. Back in the day when it got popular, it was priced £9.95, which translates roughly to $15 USD. No international shipping by the official company, if you wanted it and you lived in the U.S., you had to go to the United Kingdom to find them. For reasons unknown, they were discontinued sometime in '09.

Up to speed now? Good. Already were up to speed before you read that? Even better  8)

This is the old shoe.

This is the new shoe.

Turned on yet? ;)

Anyways just wanted to post some information. Only a few weeks left until the International release!
For more info see ParkourUK.org and ParkourGenerations.com

Offline gravity

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Kalenji Success/Decathlon Vision
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:42:36 PM »
seems a little thick
"there are no "parkour spots"; you can use anything anywhere to train and to play, as long as you're able to look at your surroundings with a vigilant eye, and use your imagination to figure out what you can do with things you come across."-  L'consolable

Offline Rafe

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Natural Athletics
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 10:14:50 PM »
Terrible shoe with big fat heel to mess up running mechanics and tons of padding to kill foot sensitivity no idea why the UK scene hasn't figured anything better out yet.
I shall not fear, fear is the mind killer the little death that precedes total obliteration

I will face my fear, I will let it pass over and through me and were it is gone, I will turn the inner eye and see its path, and only I will remain.

Offline Bao

• Patas
  • Alan Tran
    • View Profile
    • NCParkour
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 01:47:55 PM »
Terrible shoe with big fat heel to mess up running mechanics and tons of padding to kill foot sensitivity no idea why the UK scene hasn't figured anything better out yet.
Most don't give two shits about mechanics. Especially when they're out training "more" and us "purists" are just keyboarding away.

Offline gravity

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 02:30:58 PM »
Most don't give two shits about mechanics. Especially when they're out training "more" and us "purists" are just keyboarding away.
you would think they care about their bodies
"there are no "parkour spots"; you can use anything anywhere to train and to play, as long as you're able to look at your surroundings with a vigilant eye, and use your imagination to figure out what you can do with things you come across."-  L'consolable

Offline Rafe

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Natural Athletics
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 03:31:31 PM »

Thats true about most people and their biomechanics to bad for them. The whole don't complain just go train thing is bullshit. Time I choose to spend online and time I train are unrelated to each other anyone who is losing out on training time to post on the web is missing the point.
I shall not fear, fear is the mind killer the little death that precedes total obliteration

I will face my fear, I will let it pass over and through me and were it is gone, I will turn the inner eye and see its path, and only I will remain.

Offline Shyam Subramanian

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 02:34:59 PM »
Well the UK is better than us at Parkour for the most part so I'd say they're doing something right or we're doing something wrong.
CTPK -|Trumbull Parkour|-

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 03:29:26 PM »
lol.

Offline pk1993

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 09:41:17 PM »
yep, the guys from the UK are rocking it. David Belle and Sebastian Foucan all trained and are still training in runners. So dont go all purist bullshit on my ass. I train barefoot and chuck on my runners when I want more cushioning when I am going for bigger things.

Offline gravity

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 11:14:12 PM »
yep, the guys from the UK are rocking it. David Belle and Sebastian Foucan all trained and are still training in runners. So dont go all purist bullshit on my ass. I train barefoot and chuck on my runners when I want more cushioning when I am going for bigger things.
[/quote/]
I've seen one sebastian foucan video and he was wearing runners but running toe heel
do you run heel toe ?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 11:16:43 PM by gravity »

Offline Bao

• Patas
  • Alan Tran
    • View Profile
    • NCParkour
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 05:55:20 AM »
Well the UK is better than us at Parkour for the most part so I'd say they're doing something right or we're doing something wrong.
From the experience I had overseas, I know some of the top guys ache every single day. Others have completely destroyed their bodies. Many of them continue because they believe they have only a few years left at their 'peak'. Awesome to see many of them reach a high potential but at what costs? Especially being in the early twenties. Doesn't matter though, they're the best right?

Offline Gabe Arnold

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Proud Founder of S.U.T.S.
    • View Profile
    • Gabe Arnold Fitness
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 08:10:17 AM »
Doing bigger jumps or flashier tricks does not make you better at Parkour. It makes you better at bigger jumps and flashier tricks, aka performance movement. From my understanding, if you were to go to the most base levels of Parkour - the kind where the founders and the early guys came from - movement ability was only one of the goals of training, almost a by-product in a way. It wasn't the only goal as it seems it is now. They wanted to be strong, mentally, physically, and spiritually, "to be and to last" as the oft-quoted saying goes.

It seems Parkour and Freerunning has become highly performance based instead of experience based. You're not considered 'good' at either unless you're flying through the air like Shade, Ilabaca, or Arroyo. Make a video, impress others in the sub-culture, rinse and repeat. But I like to believe there's more to it than that. If UK practitioners and others choose to push so hard they end up injuring themselves that's their choice. I prefer to train hard but smart and keep kicking ass into my 50's and 60's.

As for the shoes themselves, they look nice for limited, more intense training. The lightweight and grip can't be beat for the price. But as an everyday training or casual shoe, I'll take Saucony Bullets, Onitsuka Tigers, New Balance Minimus, or VFFs.

Offline Ryan Sannar

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Jump Utah
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 02:55:41 PM »
Does anyone else think they look like KOs?
10 push ups.

Offline Bao

• Patas
  • Alan Tran
    • View Profile
    • NCParkour
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 04:32:55 PM »
Does anyone else think they look like KOs?
KOs were based off the Success mate. If I remember correctly, the first generation was the exact mold with a modification between the sole and cap.

Offline Ryan Sannar

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Jump Utah
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 10:08:20 AM »
That's what I figured. Anyone know which one is cheaper w/ Shipping and handeling and etc?
10 push ups.

Offline Stephen

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »
KO's are around 40$ without shipping I think.

The new Kalenjis are around 35 dollars, without shipping. I'm predicting 10-15 dollars with shipping on these because they are being shipped internationally.