Author Topic: A simple little word: Motivation  (Read 717 times)

Offline Ryan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
A simple little word: Motivation
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:17:52 PM »
Hey guys, whats going on. I have been dipping into parkour the last couple years with  training off and on since getting married and my son being born and I'm finally able to get back into it. The first go round I had a blast. After viewing this site for over 4 years, I have read lots of good comments, stories, training tips, and the ever popular shoe review and just wanted to give many thanks to everyone for your posts. I will be posting my own review on the Nike Dart 7 here soon since I just got me a pair. My question for everyone, though, involves a simple little word: Motivation

Since its been a while to actual train in parkour, I am quickly getting back into "traceur" shape by mixing in the WOD and other fitness tools I've learned over the years, but that is not my problem. I love parkour for many reasons, but since I'm training by myself, I tend to half-ass alot of things or doubt my ability to take my 6'2 frame over, under, and threw the environment. When you hit the plateau wall, how do you manage to pull yourself out of your funk? If anyone is a father/husband, how do you set aside important things in your life you do what you love for an hour a day. I have a lot of things going against me. I also work a day job and sometimes by the time I've gotten home, its almost too dark to practice safely.... Anyways, I know there are millions of ways to self motivate or make things work, but I'm just curious as to how everyone goes about it.

Thanks again guys, look forward to posting more soon  ;D
" Yo, she-bitch...Come get sum!"

Offline Ryan A. Vetter

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: A simple little word: Motivation
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:02:02 PM »
I just think... What would Carl Brutanananadilewski do?
So long as I have parkour I'm okay.

Offline MedvisP

• Mangabey
  • Cloudless every day you fall upon my waking eyes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 01:09:58 PM »
Too dark to practice safely?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnhGh2O-0dU
Power, balance, freedom.
My videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/MedvisP

Offline Ryan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 01:40:50 PM »
Lol, Ok I gotacha on the practicing in the dark. I'm also prolly not near as good or seasoned as you MedvisP  :)

I know alot of my problem is my confidence as a traceur...
" Yo, she-bitch...Come get sum!"