Author Topic: Jesse's 366/52 Parkour/Freerunning  (Read 993 times)

Offline Jesse Norman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Jesse's 366/52 Parkour/Freerunning
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:31:38 PM »
Day 1 -  January 1, 2012 is when i started my 366/52 Parkour Challenge. I wanted to just do basic conditioning and get the small basics down perfectly. What i Practiced doing:
1.) Crawling along thin walls 10-15 times
2.) Different vaults over small wall 10-15 times
3.) kong precisions to certain bricks
4.) Cats 10-15 reps

Mainly just simple basics that will improve my parkour a lot.

Offline Jesse Norman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Jesse's 366/52 Parkour/Freerunning
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 08:37:13 PM »
Day 2 - Day 2 I decided i was going to trick a little bit. Small simple tricks and 1 complex trick at the end of the day that i needed to overcome. I done my regular warm ups and stretching, a slight jog, and then warmed up my toes after I got done doing all that. Note to self, Vibram toe running shoes in cold weather... NOT a good idea in some cases. :P

Tricks i practiced:
1.) Standing back tuck (10)
2.) Round-Offs (20)
3.) Side flip (5)
4.)Front tuck off obstacle (5)

Complex new trick learned at the end of day
Tunnel Flip(:

Day 2 was a good tricking day, though my back has been acting up and I believe something is wrong with it. Didn't pay much attention to it at first... but now, I'm feeling a small bit of pain.

Offline Jesse Norman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 08:45:46 PM »
Day 3 - Tonight was gym night and I decided to do light training outside so I could do well inside the gym and attempt some new tricks.
I stretched and warmed up and done a few distance jumps and precisions. I continued my basic kongs and vaults and worked at them a little more, along with crawling up stairs backwards and crawling down them. Man was that a workout. After that i decided to break a while before the gym. I noticed my back was hurting a bit more than it was previous, so I took a few meds to try and calm the flamation and pain.

Later that night i arrived at the gym, PUMPED for new tricks and more parkour.
Things I nailed that night:
1.) Kong precisions 5-10 Ft. long
2.) double kong
3.) Round-off Arabian
4.) Round-off Full
5.) Round-off Back tuck

I was extremely happy that i nailed these, but I need to practice more for sure and nail them perfectly. I also attempted to do a combo tricking run with a Round-off Arabian to Round-off Full, but I didnt get high enough for the full to be complete. Though I will have it soon! Day 3 was pretty awesome! End of the night, my back was messed up... bad. I could feel it.

Offline Jesse Norman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
Day 4 - Today is the day that i found out something is really wrong with my lower back. I decided to rest today and let it heal. I did do some arm strengthening, push ups, dumbells, ect. Tomorrow I get my back checked on and more than likely getting a shot for the flamation and the pain. After that i might do a small bit of just small rail work and stuff that doesn't have to do with much back effort. I am not going to stop my training for a day, I will do SOMETHING that will help me later on in my parkour year. Well, I will see you all tomorrow :P

Offline Dustin Combs

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 09:19:28 PM »
Posting to follow.
Remember me? ;D
Gpo luck bro! Be careful on your back, btw.

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
  • jimmy -Temecula Parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 10:41:11 AM »
i had something wrong with my lower left back back when i was in month 1,  the DR said it was because that side of my back was stronger than the other side because i used that side more often ( its because i was just then learning 360 back flips, and i twist to that side, so it stressed the muscle.)

be sure to warm up before you train ESPECIALLY when ur hurt, also go onto youtube, and look up lower back stretches, and exercises it will help you recover faster. and try not to put more strain on it till its better.

good luck man!  keep it up!
jimmy
TPK
-insert something insperational here- 

Temecula Parkour + youtube = goodtime

Offline Jesse Norman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 03:21:02 PM »
Week 1 video out! I got up and took my medicine for my back. Got ready for my First video of the year. It's not great, but it's a start. I'm taking it slow on my back, and doing some upper body training till my back gets better.
Well here it is. Video 1.

http://youtu.be/eA1qZSPZbFQ

Offline Jesse Norman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 05:08:41 AM »
Day 7 - Awesome day, got some good workouts in, mostly stretches. Took light practice runs so i wouldn't kill my back. I need to work on flow, majorly.

Offline Jesse Norman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 05:10:13 AM »
Day 8 - Spent most the day doing nothing but parkour, no tricks. It went real well actually, i got some good distance cats along with wall runs. Mostly climbing since i have hardly anywhere to go in columbus. Got some recording in also for next weeks video.