Author Topic: Winter Training  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Chad Sylvester

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Winter Training
« on: January 03, 2012, 05:39:50 PM »
ok, so i have been doing a lot of indoor stuff latley due to the cold weather (i get outside when i can), im lucky to have a basement in my condo so i have my weight bench down there and going to be putting in a pull up bar and tredmill, any tips or ideas for anything else that would help me out?

Offline Dallas Oeder

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Waaaah!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Training
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 12:41:55 PM »
Shadow boxing, or a punching bag would be pretty good, especially if you want to work your on cardio-vascular/endurance, training. With the shadow boxing, I usually use 1 or 2 lbs. weights along with it, just gripped in my hand. You wouldn't think it affects you that much, but swing those things around for 5-10 minutes, and you'll really start to feel it.
Parkour is.

Offline Chad Sylvester

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 02:06:45 PM »
awesome thanks! i didnt think of that, i actually have a punching bag too thats been sitting for about 3 years lol, this is great ill have a small gym and dont need to spend any money  :D

Offline Chad Sylvester

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 05:23:54 PM »
ok, im also useing this thread to keep track of my training, hope thats ok, so today was really the first full out work out ive done this new year (due to all the xmas gift cards i got ,been goin out :-\) so now i have no excuses, like ive said before im new to PK and training for it so i started off slow (but still kicked my ass) could barley do 5 pull ups, did mostly cardio that i feel will help with core strenth and enurance,  tomorrow is weights and light cardio, my plan is by spring to be able to run 5k easy, do at least 30 pull ups and 30 minutes of almost none stop pk trainig, tricking etc.. Im also making a video that ill edit in the spring keeping trak and to hopefully show improvement from start to finish. and as always any pointers or tip will be appreciated!

Offline Chad Sylvester

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 06:20:54 PM »
ive been doing a lot of cardio, down side i dont have a scale so i have no idea if ive lost weight, but running and lots of movement are a lot easier than they where a couple weeks ago, pants are a little looser too. At thi rate i should hit my goal of 170 lbs by summer

Offline Kim Martin

• Patas
  • More to see, More to do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 06:26:23 PM »
ive been doing a lot of cardio, down side i dont have a scale so i have no idea if ive lost weight, but running and lots of movement are a lot easier than they where a couple weeks ago, pants are a little looser too. At thi rate i should hit my goal of 170 lbs by summer

A scale can be deceptive because mustle wheight more per square inch than fat does. By training you'll be putting on mustle as well. Get a tapemesure and record the inches around your waistline

Offline Chad Sylvester

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 03:58:06 AM »
A scale can be deceptive because mustle wheight more per square inch than fat does. By training you'll be putting on mustle as well. Get a tapemesure and record the inches around your waistline

Thats a great idea i dodnt think of that, thanks!

Offline Chad Sylvester

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 04:12:33 AM »
been working out everyday, feel great, have a lot more energy, such a good feeling! im going to try and make a trip to a PK gym in CT in a few weeks to see how i do and to practice flips. Cant wait!!

Offline Daniel

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 12:15:40 PM »
Chad be sure to  use a spotter on flips I landed on my shoulder blades and hit my neck in one and my neck hurt for a week or so
6 challenges completed
No retreat, no surrender. If the obstacle is too big or hard push yourself to overcome it - Me