Author Topic: Possible new move!?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Stephen

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Possible new move!?
« on: December 26, 2011, 06:25:43 PM »
Okay. So me and my friend were out training basics today (vaults, roll form, etc.) and possibly created some form of "reverse-safety vault."

I will upload a video of the movement in the "Pics and Vids" section shortly, however I will do my best to explain it in words.

First part was enter safety vault form (one leg on obstacle, other leg trailing behind, one hand on obstacle for stability.)

Second part was, as your passing over the obstacle, take the other hand (usually doesn't do anything during a safety vault) and place it the opposite direction of the first hand (picture the hand placement of a reverse vault)

Third was to kick using the back leg (the trailing leg that usually passes up and over the obstacle) up and over the other leg, rotate, and land.

We tried it multiple times, broke down the form into recognizable steps, and practiced it for awhile.

"Corkscrew Vault" anyone? lolz. Once again, I will upload this in a video shortly.

Offline Andy Keller

• Oh baby baby.
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Possible new move!?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 08:21:24 PM »
Sounds cool! How does it flow with other vaults before or after?
"Do it, do it well, do it well and fast."

Offline Stephen

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 08:57:56 PM »
We'll find that out and get right back to ya with that.

It does look very cool in our opinions. It mostly just adds flair to a safety vault, but me and my friend are going to consistently test the efficiency of this hybrid move in various situations (linking it together with other vaults, starting off routes with it, testing it on ledges, rails, etc).

Tomorrow.

Offline Christopher

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 07:23:17 PM »
Please send me a link.
{TEAM ONE-WAY}

Offline Intern

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »
I think ive seen this in person once but only maybe and as far as im aware there is no name.
The only other pictures i could find of Cocaine Badger on google images were hosted on this wierd site about furries and smoking weed, so...

That video was like if Jesus walked into my room, hugged me, baked me a cake, and then left in Ron Weasley's flying car.

Offline Christopher

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 07:32:32 PM »
What use are names for movements? =O
{TEAM ONE-WAY}

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 07:44:14 PM »
What use are names for movements? =O
To verbally communicate them to other people.

I think you could do some interesting things with this with practice... I'll have to spend some time on it before I could give my opinion.

Good job being creative!
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Christopher

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 08:42:37 PM »
In that case then, should people name every movement of their body? =O
{TEAM ONE-WAY}

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 02:16:54 AM »
In that case then, should people name every movement of their body? =O
Not really... too much and you make communication too complicated/tedious in a way that we don't really need. Medical doctors, as an example, need that level of precision since they deal in the minute. We typically don't do things that way. We hardly approach training scientifically and tend to be much more trail-and-error. On training like squats, however, the smallest details are important.

You can get technical if you want though, but to actually discuss the vector with which you entered a roll or whatever... you won't make many friends :P

Think to training with other people though... you're standing in a group, looking at an obstacle... it's easy to say "Hey, you think a kong-to-cat would be safe?" versus "Hey, do you think it would be safe if I jumped over that wall with my hands pushing off the top and my legs swinging through my arms so that I travelled through the air and planted my feet on that wall while grabbing onto the top of it?"

I think the decision is obvious.
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Christopher

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 06:09:26 AM »
Which do you think people will understand more? ???
{TEAM ONE-WAY}