Author Topic: Visiting Seattle  (Read 1448 times)

Offline John Conway

• Mangabey
  • John Conway
    • View Profile
    • CouchSurfer
Visiting Seattle
« on: December 24, 2011, 10:07:07 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm from Hammond, Indiana (near Chicago) and I'm wanting to see the Seattle area, train around a bit, see the city, experience the people. I'd like to come around February 1st and stay for, well, a few weeks. But I'd be willing to go to a motel or whatever as well.

I'm wondering if anyone could house me for even a day? As for my personal training I've been training constantly and consistenly from 06 till now (5 years) and I'm an ADAPT affiliate coach of PK GEN. You can check that here. http://www.parkourgenerations.com/content/adapt-affiliate-coaches

So I'd love to show the ropes to beginners who might wanna trade a couch night for some awesome intruction  ;)

So yeah, that's about it.

I'll be hecking back here or you can e-mail me at conwayparkour@yahoo.com

Thanks everyone, merry christmas, happy eid, kwanzaa, and hanuka,
and Happy New Year

John

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
Re: Visiting Seattle
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 08:01:47 PM »
Hey there John!

There are lots of folks that are willing to house a fellow traceur, I'm sure of it. As for myself, lodging isn't available from me (unfortunately). But I can definitely get you in contact with someone who is. First off, let me list a few places you have to check out while you're over here:

Gasworks Park in Seattle - the most renown place to do parkour in all of Washington. Weekly Saturday jams, big jams are held here, there's an infinite number of things to do here, just fun all around.

Freeway Park in Seattle - Designed by the same guy who created Cat Fountain down in Dever, CO. An architectural beauty brilliant for parkour. It's a concrete jungle.

Parkour Visions Gym in Seattle - Of course, the main attraction, stop by and meet the community. Run by Rafe Kelley and Tyson Cecka, I'm sure you've heard of them. I'll be trying to get you in contact with someone from around here to find a place to stay.

Now, as for who you can find a place to stay at, try posting on the Washington Parkour Facebook Group as well as the Parkour Visions Facebook page. (By the way, I think we're already friends on Facebook) I'm sure someone will help you out. If that doesn't work out, try contacting Tyson or Rafe directly (which I can help with if needed), and I'm positive they can hook you up.

If you need anymore help, feel free to contact me through here, email, or facebook!
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST

Offline John Conway

• Mangabey
  • John Conway
    • View Profile
    • CouchSurfer
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 08:08:52 PM »
Wow, thanks for such an awesome reply! Very thorough.

I really appreciate the list of places to go to: those have been put on my agenda, right now.

I'll post in those other areas as well! This is great help!

:)

Offline BremerKen

• Patas
  • SPK-Seattle Parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »
Check out the Washington Parkour group on facebook. It is an active community of traceurs here in WA your bound to find someone.
-Always Moving-
Seattle Parkour

Offline gravity

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 03:34:46 AM »
you might be able to stay at my house for a few days its pretty small though hope you don't mind the floor but im about 46 mins from seattle however there is a bus that can get you there that's fairly close by and also do you think you could prove your identity a little more just so the community and i are sure that your not just impersonating john conway. (gotta be careful on the internet these days)if you could do that it would be cool also email me at trollmastergdog@gmail.com i look forward to hearing from you
"there are no "parkour spots"; you can use anything anywhere to train and to play, as long as you're able to look at your surroundings with a vigilant eye, and use your imagination to figure out what you can do with things you come across."-  L'consolable