Author Topic: Balance Trouble  (Read 537 times)

Offline Daniel

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Balance Trouble
« on: December 31, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »
What I do balance training on I give up about halfway, but hear me out for the reason...
The board like shakes from the weight and it sends me legs into like a reflex of wanting to jump, so I just go down. What can I do to avoid this, it is  the only thing I can train balance on
6 challenges completed
No retreat, no surrender. If the obstacle is too big or hard push yourself to overcome it - Me

Offline Alex Patterson

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Balance Trouble
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 10:00:48 AM »
Build something more stable. Or just keep working at it till you overcome the urge to jump down.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:02:52 AM by Alex Patterson »

Offline Alex 'Mercury' Garner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • I choose to rise, not fall.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 10:16:54 AM »
I used to have that problem all the time. After a while, I just sort of overcame it. Practice, practice, practice. If you are high up balancing , be sure you remember to roll too... that freaking hurt! (sucks at rolling)
Run, run like the wind!

Offline Travis Strubew

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 12:41:59 PM »
try lowering your center of gravity so that you have more control over your balance.

the balance beam at the park I train at is held to it's support posts by chains, so it wobbles if you aren't very steady. Try to resist jumping off, but of course, don't get yourself hurt either.

If the board is at a height, try lowering it or using an object closer to the ground until you build confidence and stability.