Author Topic: buildering section  (Read 3064 times)

Offline gravity

• Patas
    • View Profile
buildering section
« on: December 21, 2011, 03:22:07 PM »
i was thinking of an addition to the parkour and freeruning section for the child boards we could have parkour freeruning tricking and bouldering what do you think is this the right place to put this

edit :sorry meant to say buildering
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:00:10 PM by gravity »
"there are no "parkour spots"; you can use anything anywhere to train and to play, as long as you're able to look at your surroundings with a vigilant eye, and use your imagination to figure out what you can do with things you come across."-  L'consolable

Offline MedvisP

• Mangabey
  • Cloudless every day you fall upon my waking eyes.
    • View Profile
Re: bouldering section
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 04:26:35 PM »
It's so different that it probably wouldn't make sense to have it on this site. There's not much to talk about with bouldering either... progression is much more obvious and there are tons of established training methods that you can just google.
Power, balance, freedom.
My videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/MedvisP

Offline gravity

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: buildering section
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 11:00:37 PM »
sorry meant buidering
"there are no "parkour spots"; you can use anything anywhere to train and to play, as long as you're able to look at your surroundings with a vigilant eye, and use your imagination to figure out what you can do with things you come across."-  L'consolable

Offline Jordan Bates

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »
buildering..
..bouldering..
..buidering?

What are we talking about here? I'm assuming you mean buildering? Just googled it, looks interesting. I don't think it really needs it own section around here.. a single thread would probably be fine.

Offline gravity

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »
i disagree i think it would be good to have i know i would use it anyway

Offline Ryan A. Vetter

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 03:34:25 PM »
I second the motion.
So long as I have parkour I'm okay.

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 10:28:59 PM »
I'd say start it as a thread and see how it goes. I may consider putting a buildering forum up, but I'd rather just refer you to my friend's site www.buildering.net. It is hard to say where to draw the line, but really APK is about Parkour and Freerunning, we could add a board for tricking, one for bboying, one for buildering, one for rock climbing - all things that people who like parkour are likely to like, but frankly I'd rather just have people who like those things discuss them in relation to parkour and freerunning in the course of the existing forums.
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline gravity

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 02:59:31 PM »
ill do that