Author Topic: The UF fourms  (Read 8257 times)

Offline michiganparkour

• Patas
  • WHAAAAAAT
    • View Profile
The UF fourms
« on: December 12, 2005, 04:22:53 PM »
i went onto the uf forms and theres been like one new post sense apk has opened and thats a couple people asking why there hasn't been any body in the UF forms and why the count has been going down.
Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: The UF fourms
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 05:02:43 PM »
killer  :P

Offline kaos

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • New England Parkour
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 05:15:27 PM »
This thread inspired me to delete my old stale uf account.  Ahhh.  Satisfying.
Parkour creates communities, not rivalries. Keep competition out of parkour.

Offline Quazar

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Whatup my Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 05:27:45 PM »
Yeah, I saw this coming, as did many of us for some time.  We are becoming of ourselves, we are maturing as practitioners of the art and we are becoming free thinkers.  This community in it's entirety has taken the next step and we have set aside the dependency on UF that many of us held in the early days. :)  Sorry if I'm souding too poetic/prophetic but it's good to see this steady growth, its good to see that we have a foundation and that were surviving fine without UF.  We remain, and this thing we do has crossed over the line of "just a fad." This is still going forward with assuring steadiness.

On a metaphorical level, this really mirrors our country's birth.  Parkour trickled into the states as small colonies nurtured by the Overseas scene, we grew as a subset of the European Mother Country and of UF.  Now however, we have seceded and declared our independence. (This is the part where the patriotic music starts playing ;))  We are American Parkour; One band of crazy jumping fools, under God, with liberty and monkey vaults for all!

"In heaven, we'll all freerun with Jesus"
                           ..."His Kongs are off the hook!"

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Flippusmn??? ask me then!
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHParkour/
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 05:33:06 PM »
This thread inspired me to delete my old stale uf account.  Ahhh.  Satisfying.
It looks as if you deleted this one and made a new one or something. ???
BTW: I don't think I have posted there for the past month or so lol.  ;D
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline michiganparkour

• Patas
  • WHAAAAAAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 06:32:04 PM »
theres only one difference between APK breaking off of UF and when the settlers first came here and left england.
                                                    there is no big war
Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline ERI104

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 07:21:03 PM »
yeah but there was a war at one point

revolutionary war

although that word is misleading because it was more like a civil war than anything

yeah but this is nothing like that. and i think APK is the greatest thing to happen to this world. without it i'm sure we would all still be bitches on the UF forum :P
I am the Egyptian Monkey

things people have called parkour
1) popcorn
2) park whore
3) par four
4) pa coop

Offline urbanparkourdude

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Urban parkour
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 10:55:12 AM »
GOOD GOOD

What I have seen from APK is cool parkour talk and flowing messages to do with parkour. EZ was a wanker and now one wants to know him nor uf I think american parkour should open a world wide message board and website it is so cool. I am trying to open a world wide parkour website called runningsolo it is going to take me months of hard work I have opened the message board
www.runningsolo.co.uk.forum not many people have joined becuse it has jsut opened. American parkour real is cool...

upk.proboards2.com

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 01:07:57 PM »
Punctuation allows posts to make sense. Please use it, and maybe more people will join your site  :)

Offline michiganparkour

• Patas
  • WHAAAAAAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 01:18:28 PM »
one reason people might not of joined it is because the link don't work. well at least it didn't for me

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Flippusmn??? ask me then!
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHParkour/
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 01:35:50 PM »
N o offence to anyone but I thought EZboards was for the drag, compared to this. huh. :)
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline Rafe

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Natural Athletics
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 02:13:19 AM »
Urbanparkourdude, there is allready a great worldwide parkour site, www.parkour.net , its run by one of the traceurs from lisses, it has community full of experienced traceurs their is growing libary of truely excellent parkour videos and the forum there is the best place to find vidoes by talented practioners I have found.

I don't think we need lots more parkour sites, It would be good just to see the development of the sites that allready exist so their more good content, more good dialogues and better understanding of the sport we all love.
I shall not fear, fear is the mind killer the little death that precedes total obliteration

I will face my fear, I will let it pass over and through me and were it is gone, I will turn the inner eye and see its path, and only I will remain.

Offline David Angel Diaz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 07:00:07 AM »
Yeah... APK is definately an awesome place. I havent posted in the UF forums for quite a while. It was about the time Kirby left Seidojin. Me and Ez got into a bit of an online brawl about Parkour philosophy and he just banned me. It was great ;D. APK is awesome though. The forums are more organized and peaceful
 We are American Parkour; One band of crazy jumping fools, under God, with liberty and monkey vaults for all!
^^^ hahaha I love it!  ;D ;D

My famous last words: "HEY GUYS, WATCH THIS!!"

Offline Rice

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Renzhe Parkour
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 09:20:35 AM »
My problem with the UF forums isnt the actualy Seidojin.  I have a problem with the fact that everyone is so quick to flame or insult you for any little thing you say.  It's kinda dissapointing to see that one of the most prominent Parkour websites has to have such childish tom foolery and crap posted on their forum.  But hey....welcome to the internet   ;D

Offline Deft

• Definitely NOT a wanker...
  • Patas
    • View Profile
Don't know where this question goes but...
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 09:36:16 AM »
I know that M2 and EZ had "differences" but why did APk start? What was the reason for breaking away? Maybe this question should be worded differently but since I consider myself more active on this site than UF, I feel like I should know about the group I am becoming a part of.

The joy of surpassing the limits of the body is open to all.
-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly

Offline quetzalcoatl

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 10:15:20 AM »
Im not quite sure of the whole story of why M2 and EZ went at it, but just the fact that there was some sort of disagreement is kinda sad. Isnt the whole philosophy behind parkour to flow around your obsticals, either verbal or physical. Parkour is parkour, we all do it and personally the philosophy has become something thats just in the back of my mind now. All im saying is something went wrong and it shouldnt have, and what ever happened who cares, if there were any two people that were all knowing of the philosophy it would be EZ and M2 and apparently the philosophy was thrown out or else there wouldnt have been a disagreement. We all see parkour differnetly, we dont always see eye to eye, but that shouldnt matter in the long run because we flow around our problems. I like APK, it feels more like home. We may not be part of the UF anymore but were all traceurs no matter what. Brothers and Sisters doing what we love doing. And if anyone tries to force upon you what the hpilosophy of parkour is, then they should be banned, a philosophy is up for interpretation. If there was a true clear definition it would be the exact science of parkour or something along the lines of this is what it is and thats final. Anyway, merry christmas every body, hope you all get gyroballs and nike pegesus's in your stockings.

Offline Deft

• Definitely NOT a wanker...
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 10:41:52 AM »
quetzalcoatl- I like your statement and agree with it 100%

but someone here has to know why APK started and why UF is being pushed under the rug.
It can't just becasue to people didn't agree on something. That happens everyday. That is part of life.

I hate the bickering, the banning, and the flaming that is so rampant on UF. If I was a mod. on there I would work towards improvement and not just give up and move on. Something had to happen to get hundreds of people to sign up on here besides 2 people who could not settle on a issue.

The joy of surpassing the limits of the body is open to all.
-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly

Offline michiganparkour

• Patas
  • WHAAAAAAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 11:52:42 AM »
like what ya said quetzalcoatl...youre right APK does feel more like a home than UF did

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 12:49:30 PM »
Dont really think of APK as a "break off" of UF. M2 had his reasons for leaving UF (if he wants to explain, he will.. but its between him and UF), and has always tried to expand the US scene. APK was just created so a US specific website can be enjoyed by the people that dont like digging through 40 threads that have to do with the "shell centre" in london so they can find the only 2 topics that americans can contribute to. Its also a place to go where people are encouraged to educate themselves with all different activities and backgrounds so nice, intelligent conversations can take place, instead of on forum saying "FRPK IS BETTER CUZ YOU CAN BE FREE TO DO ANYTHING"  and another saying "Parkour is so much better because it isnt tacky and stupid!".... Read all the material, and put in your input without sounding like an idiot... I find that to be a great concept! haha.

So APK is meant to be a friendly place. Our only hope is that people use the resources and see eachother as friends, instead of someone they can "totally pwn cuz i know more about pk than you!".... A place to get along was created, now everyones mission is to get along!  :) :)

EDIT:
I hate the bickering, the banning, and the flaming that is so rampant on UF. If I was a mod. on there I would work towards improvement and not just give up and move on
Dont think that as mods we didnt try to improve every aspect of the community. Motivation only goes so far when you spend 8 hours a night explaining to someone why something is the way it is... and why it should be obvious... only to wake up in the morning to someone else that started a thread about the same thing, and getting into an argument about how they wont accept what you are saying to them becuase it doesnt fit their (mis)conceptions on the topic that they believed. It gets old...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 12:56:24 PM by Skipper »

Offline Mitsuko

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Royal designs
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 01:53:53 PM »
The reason this is more friendly is because there are few members...

I was on UF when there were only 3000, it was very friendly, during the year before JB it went up to 6000, after JB it went up to 12,000+

So theres more annoying people, more opinions, more arguments.
If you are reading this while you could be outside, go outside!