Author Topic: Why are there so many...  (Read 647 times)

Offline J Kyle Smith

• Mangabey
  • The pakour scientist!
    • View Profile
Why are there so many...
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:00:46 PM »
Why are there so many new comers? It's just like they appeared over night. It's like we went a long time without that many new comers now there's more.

Not that I have a problem with it, it's just strange to see so many at once. Then again I have only been active on APK for about 5-6 months.

Offline Andrew Wilson

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal - Courage Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Take Flight Apparel
Re: Why are there so many...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:18:03 PM »
Nah, I've noticed it too... Summer is approaching, and people get bored looking for something to do. Plus, parkour has just gotten more popular. Hell, here in Oregon, it was featured on the news several times in the past week.
"It's not about going out and finding a place to perform certain moves, it's about going out to your environment and truly adapting to it."

www.takeflightapparel.com - Very durable parkour clothing!

Offline Rebecca Myers

• Mangabey
  • Can you hear me up there? (miniPK)
    • View Profile
    • iPK
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 03:51:51 AM »
I half expected this thread to read: Songs about rainbows and what's on the other side.

Anyways, Parkour is catching on, believe it or not.
I have this image of a tidal wave appearance from like 50 Traceurs and Traceuses doing PK from one end of a mall to the other. t'would be epic
Kyle(Rage)
iPK
Roof Police.
"Not now chief, I'm on the f****** roof."

Offline Trevor

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 07:08:31 AM »
It is but most people give up after they try to do the difficult stuff and skip training the basics. It's happened more than once to people here in Reno.

Parkour has been featured on the news once here, 4 years ago. When people are bored they try new things and then they either stick with it or give up.

I honestly have one major goal in life, and I will do whatever I can to accomplish it.

Offline J Kyle Smith

• Mangabey
  • The pakour scientist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 07:36:18 AM »
It's probably because of MTV's Ultimate Parkour Challenge coming up next month. Although I'm not a supporter of it, it might just be the very thing parkour needs. Something to seperate the men from the boys, per se. In ohter words, those who care to roll and those who don't.