Author Topic: New Nashville Parkour Group (NPK)  (Read 3613 times)

Offline Dallas Page Kelley

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
New Nashville Parkour Group (NPK)
« on: November 06, 2011, 11:34:37 AM »

Hey guys, I'm new here to American Parkour. Me and a few other guys that I like to do parkour with have started a group for anyone in Nashville. I did not see anything on Facebook, and our page is now listed there. ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/313533811990998/ )

There are no requirements in order to join NPK. Just head over to Facebook or Twitter (@NashvillePK) and Like or Follow!

Our Aim

The aim of NPK is to provide a place where people in and around Nashville, TN can get together and do parkour. This means frequent parkour jams and training sessions at great parkour areas downtown, such as the capitol, or anywhere else we want. Our members are of all different levels, and you will meet people of all different ages. I personally am 15 and an intermediate parkourist.

If you live in Nashville and love parkour, go ahead and like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.

Facebook: Nashville Parkour Group is finally up! https://www.facebook.com/groups/313533811990998/ (Thanks Ian, for the suggestion)
Twitter: @NashvillePK
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:46:10 AM by Dallas Page Kelley »

Offline Ian Simonson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: New Nashville Parkour Group (NPK)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 02:29:40 PM »
Hey man, yeah I just joined your Facebook group.  Right now there's a Middle Tennessee Parkour and Free Running group, but most of them live in murfree's borough so I haven't been able to meet up with them that much.  I'm actually at vanderbilt right now, and while I'm trying to get a few more people I know to start doing parkour with me, I haven't been able to find many traceurs in the nashville area.  Hopefully I'll see you around sometime.

**EDIT**
Also, just a thought, but a group would work a lot better for organizing events/getting to know people in NPK than a page.  You can't see who's on the page, but in a group you can see who the other people are.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:20:39 PM by Ian Simonson »

Offline Dallas Page Kelley

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 05:48:32 PM »
Hey Ian, thanks for being one of NPK's first members.
I completely agree that a group will be a better option, and will move over to as soon as I can. Weare just starting out, though. Anyone that you can get to join would be awesome, and the more people the better.

Offline Nicholas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 11:04:52 PM »
Hey, I'm part of this now! :D

Offline Alex

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »
I would love to join this if it is still going. Just starting out though. Need to get in shape for this.

Offline Evan M

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Get height, get tight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 10:09:52 AM »
There hasn't been any activity on the FB page since February so I'd say it's pretty much done with.
"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference"- Winston Churchill

"Be strong to be useful" - Georges H├ębert

Offline Ian Simonson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 07:17:03 PM »
It's kind of still going on, I'm leaving for the summer, but I'm coming back in August/September.  There's a Vanderbilt group as well as a middle tennessee parkour/free running community...I don't know what happened to the NPK group, but there are still Traceurs in the Nashville area.