Author Topic: Burlington "Gym" Jam  (Read 5343 times)

Offline pr gringo

• Patas
  • DANGER MONKEY!!!
    • View Profile
Burlington "Gym" Jam
« on: November 08, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »
Hey!!!
So i figure its about time to start a thread about this possible jam of ours.  For all of those who dont know, or for those who forgot, this is the tentative scheduel (i spelled that wrong). 

On November 19, a sunday, as many people that wanna go will drive to Burlington.  Because the space in their actual gym is in use for a good part of the day for classes, we will, weather permitting, take ALL the mats and drive them to Duncan's house.  There we will set up the mats in his backyard, apparently its pretty spacious, and then jam till the cows come home.

That is the general plan, please post up if you can come or have any other additional suggestions regarding this event.  Ok, you guys know how to get in touch with me...peace 8)

Offline Sredni Vashtar

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Burlington "Gym" Jam
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 10:44:35 PM »
I'm gonna have to meet you guys there. Do any of you have duncan's address?

Offline Gotboost01

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 01:01:03 PM »
how are we gonna transport the mats? Those things are pretty big/heavy if they are anything like what we used in karate
~Breaking one bone at a time~

Offline brett

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 01:32:07 PM »
yo guyzzzzzz

don't worry about transporting the mats ;) duncans got a trailer thingy that makes transporting super e-zzz

um

so
yeah.

the 19th.

duncan says this when asked what he thinks of the jam ideas so far:

"Great, unless it rains Wednesday or later, in which case we need to be inside the academy, in which case they need to get up early because we've got to be out by noon.

Of course, if it rains between Wednesday and Sunday (i.e. grass at Germain house is wet and muddy), then we could still go out to jam ... as long as it's not actually raining Sunday ..."

soo...
i guess i should get that address, eh?

i'll post back with the address or just send it out privately to some people to pass around...i dont know if duncan really wants his address posted up on the internet :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

there will be a couple of people from winston-salem showing up, probably...aaaand...charlotte guys...aaaand...duncan...and me...and maybe luc...andd....maybe david... ??? i dunno

but.

the 19th! it's on mofoZ ;D ;D

EDIT/UPDATE:
Hey, everybody, this is Duncan.

I'm really nervous about making this post, because the last thing I want to do is come across as close-minded or antisocial or whatever, but I've got to clarify the invitation for the 19th.

My main goal with this jam is to hook back up with my old PK buddies in Charlotte, and to provide some mats for one or two of their friends who either missed the last gym session or who have been really looking forward to working in a "safe" environment.

What I can't honestly offer is a place for, like, 20 people to come together and train all day.  I mean, the yard's big and all, but I can't tear up ALL the grass, and I've got a lot of equipment, but it's not infinite, you know?  I'd really love to meet a lot of new people and be a part of a large jam, but this is not the time or place for that jam.

Repeat:  I really DO want to meet all the guys from Raleigh and stuff, I want to jam with everybody together, but I can't be the host for that big, social, togetherness jam.  I want it to happen, and soon, but not at my house.  It's sort of like, I invited a few friends over to hang out on Friday night, maybe see a movie, have a few drinks, introduce me to one or two new guys ... I didn't plan on a huge open-house party.  Does the analogy make sense?

So, I'm hoping no one's thinking of me as a jerk now, but I've really got to limit this a bit ... let's say, just the people I've met before, plus the two or three new guys who would MOST benefit from it ... the people who really really need mats, and won't get another chance to use them for a long time, the people who've got a goal and are SPECIFICALLY looking forward to THIS jam, as opposed to just looking forward to a get-together in the near future.

The way it works is this, I guess ... if too too too many people show up, we'll just have to clear out and head for the hills ... downtown Burlington, or Greensboro, or one of the universities.

So ... I'm a bit embarassed, and I hope no one thinks poorly of me over the confusion ... and I really really want that other, big, all-togetherness jam to happen soon, and I'll totally be there ... but this weekend I look forward to seeing the old crew again.

;) :D ;D 8) 8)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 04:26:10 PM by brett »

Offline Sredni Vashtar

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 08:27:02 PM »
DUNCAN!

1) dude are you on facebook anywhere? what's your last name?

2) what happened with the dean-expulsion-threat from that cop?

Offline brett

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 10:09:20 AM »
duncan is not on facebook.

and nothing happened ;)

Offline brett

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 06:42:36 PM »
OK!

so...the weather gods don't want us to meet...well...

screw them >:(

options that we have now:

1) we can meet at the academy between 8 and 8:30am and go until noon. normal gym session. fun stuff.
2) we can go to a university campus or something
3) we can go to duncan's house and still have the session, but it would be in the driveway instead of on the softness of the grass (we'd still have mats and everything, but...it just wouldn't be on grass...aaand there's still a rope and a pullup bar there) and then we could go to a ropes course at a park thats nearby for some muddy training
4) we could postpone

soo...i need you guys to talk it out and get back to me with an answer :-[ ¿por favor, mis amores?

i don't want a bunch of random answers from random people. someone just needs to make one post saying, "this is what all of us have decided." whatever it is. soo....

get to it, you krazy [EMO!] college [EMO!] kids ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 07:10:03 PM by brett »

Offline brettsarda

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 10:48:04 AM »
alright.

we gotta reschedule this.

we just want to see you guys again, basically. we're willing to go to charlotte, or if you guys want to come here for a gym sesh, we might be able to pull one off somewhere, somehow. ;)

whatchoo guys think?

us going to charlotte to meet you guys for a jam
you guys coming up here for a gym session
oorrr, we meet at a university or something for a jam?
Man cannot live without a continuous confidence in something indestructible within himself. - Franz Kafka

Offline SlØth

• Mangabey
  • Virtus
    • View Profile
    • NCParkour
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 11:17:47 AM »
A gym session would be great if we could find one.  You still looking into that cheerleader's gym Mannan?

You guys might like to come here, they just openened a sweet new area on campus that's ripe for PK.

But yeah, I for one would really like to jam and chill with you guys again.   Suggestions guys  ???.
facebook // youtube // Flickr // North Carolina Parkour

Offline brettsarda

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 10:14:17 PM »
or just completely ignore me >:( ???

:'(
Man cannot live without a continuous confidence in something indestructible within himself. - Franz Kafka

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 06:45:35 AM »
Brett, so sensitive... ;)

This has actually been brought up and talked a/b a few times lately.

Given the choice b/n jamming at UNCC, or hauling the gym equipment to Duncan's back yard for a few of us to play on, I'd absolutely choose us hosting you guys down here someday soon. I think that's the general consensus among us, but I don't like to speak for everyone.

Post up, guys. :)

Also: ncparkour.com
North Carolina Traceurs

Offline SlØth

• Mangabey
  • Virtus
    • View Profile
    • NCParkour
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 02:06:20 PM »
I concur, you guys need to meet Julia
facebook // youtube // Flickr // North Carolina Parkour

Offline brettsarda

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 07:05:32 PM »
so, since this thread has obviously been ignored, i guess we'll schedule it later

??? ::) :-[ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

happy holidayz guyzz