Author Topic: WELCOME!!!  (Read 16629 times)

Offline Chris Kessler

• Mangabey
  • iJump
    • View Profile
Re: WELCOME!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 05:15:30 PM »
Talk to Leon man. He heads it mostly at VT. Browse back this thread and hit him up with a message.
"We don't stop playing because we grow up. We grow up because we stop playing."
-Tim "Livewire" Shieff

Offline Stevetothaizzo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: WELCOME!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 01:28:54 PM »
Aloha!!

My name is Steve, but I go by either Steve-O, Steverino or Igo, which is short for "Igoallout".

I'm 37 years young, and I've been wanting to join a crew for a long time. I moved back home to Blacksburg after being stationed in Oklahoma for the last 8 years. I am also a martial artist and train in Kempo karate and Capoeira. I was a bit of a showoff back in the day, always leaping over stuff, climbing trees, etc. I've been into parkour my whole life and didn't know it! LOL

I have an 8 year old son who has inherited my high energy level and adventurous spirit. What i would like to get out of parkour is to maintain my agility and nimbleness well into my 40's, 50's, etc. while at the same time teach my lil guy that the world u live in can be a playground and learn the safe way to negotiate obstacles and burn off that ADHD energy! LOL Plus i wanna awaken that kid in me again, this time without all the unnecessary risks and dangers I took back in the day.

I'm going to the newbie session tonight. And I look forward to meeting all of you guys. Just go easy on "the old man on campus", yeah? ;D

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 01:35:32 PM by Stevetothaizzo »