Author Topic: WELCOME!!!  (Read 16386 times)

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
WELCOME!!!
« on: February 04, 2007, 09:39:40 PM »
So, either you just finished reading the group profile in facebook that I sent out to thousands of you, or you just so happened to stumble in here by mistake. Anywho - this is the introductions thread. Just state who you are, where you come from, why you think you like parkour, etc. Dont need to get personal if you dont want to, I'll start off  ;D

Name: Leon or Paul - most peeps call me Leon
Im a CS major, been doing parkour for 3 years, and I THINK THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

sallf

Re: WELCOME!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 12:43:42 PM »
Well, I'll go. 
My name is Saylor/...... well Saylor. 
I have been interested in Parkour for 3ish years, but never really had a chance to get started.
I was born in Ann Arbor but am now from just outside of Charlotte.
I'm studying industrial design and HELL YA VT.
(sweet banner to come)

-"Guiltless and free while burning."

Offline Wince

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 04:23:24 PM »
Check 1, 2.

Offline relax3d

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 10:34:56 PM »
this is Hi-c

Offline Wince

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 10:08:41 PM »
Yes LeoNn, I know I'm an ass.  I'm still not sure why my first post wasn't under my account, so I was checking to make sure that the second one would be.  Just to clarify I am Wince (Saylor) and still hell ya VT. 

"Guiltless and free while burning." - TEB

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 12:15:21 AM »
lol GG. you guys rock!

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline 5ev

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 11:14:44 AM »
finally here lol

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 03:59:21 AM »
about f'ing time. Next year we'll use this and only this (probably gymnasty site too) to plan things. The faceboook group will just point peoples here.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 10:39:40 AM »
Hey guys!

My name's Cliff, and I'm part of the Charlotte group. Wince/Saylor is down here for the summer, too, which is awesome... well it will go back to being awesome when he gets back from his hiatus or whatever. :D

Anyway, my parents live in Roanoke, and my wife and I go up there to visit periodically, usu over a long weekend or something. So when we go up, I'll probably say something in here and see what can kind of jam can be gotten together, you know?

Great! Well take 'er easy, everyone. Ttys.

Also: ncparkour.com
North Carolina Traceurs

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 07:10:02 AM »
Woo hoo I can't wait! Just post up a new thread when you're comming to town.

Offline KngWithoutACrwn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 01:01:14 PM »
Hey whats up guys?

My name is Eric and im a senior at Clover Hill High School.

I will probably end up going to tech or vcu for marketing/business.

Does anyone know if there is a club at VCU or anyone that lives in the Midlothian/Chesterfield County area who does parkour?

O would really like to start learning parkour although i know it won't be easy :)

Please reply back or hit me up on aim/email.
s/n: kngwithoutacrwn7
email: ermm777@aol.com

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 08:09:35 PM »
Sorry I don't know anyone in VCU but if you come here, you'll be set!

Offline Stix

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 04:51:27 PM »
What's up VT PK!!!

My name is Stephen (Stix) and I love Jesus.  I am originally from b'burg and now living in c'burg.  I've been doing pk subconsciously now for about 20 years, consciously since march-ish '07.  I plan on taking full advantage of VTPK training over the next couple of years so that when i become a millionaire and build my house around pk, I will be able to make it from the living room to the bathroom without any "accidents".

"In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?"

Offline jlewis93

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 06:30:04 AM »
My names John, I go to Radford. I'll try to make it up there (such a long drive...:-p) for some jams and such, but do to practice and classes probably won't be able to go up there for much else until the season (rugby) is over. If you all ever come down here though shoot me an IM

IM- Greatalasknninja

Offline Pengiii23

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 01:20:15 PM »
Hey all!

My name is Matt. I live in Lee Hall. I'm thinking about majoring in Computer Engineering and maybe CS too. Don't know yet.

Anyways, I've been interested in doing parkour for some time and have no real experience and have been trying to find a way to learn. I made a facebook group not knowing there was one up already. I would like to get really involved in parkour here at VTech. Obviously, I need to get some experience first. I played Ice Hockey since 2nd grade so I'm not that out of shape. Wanted to play here but the tryout schedule and my academic schedule did not get along. I have been looking for a way to get more exercise since hockey isn't an option anymore and Parkour has really sparked my interest. I cannot exactly remember how I got into it, but I found it really interesting and would love to get involved.

My IM is sk8snpucks

Thanks!

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 03:22:42 PM »
Hey Matt I live in Harper Hall by west end. I'm a CS Major  ;)

Come to one of our newbie sessions monday nights at 10PM and introduce yourself! Read the schedule thread and some other parkour articles here on APK. Our facebook group is called Parkour VT.

SEE YOU SOON!!

Offline Pengiii23

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 10:27:31 AM »
O yeah I have looked at many of the sites and am actually starting the workouts on the APK website.  Yeah def. just got the first EngE test back ... haha I got owned.  Just need to study a little more in advance :P  I have also joined your facebook group already too :).  I am getting a few of my friends to do Parkour with me (or at least start doing the workouts with me).  Looking forward to coming to one of the newbie sessions.  Definitely need Parkour to get away from the studying and release energy because as of right now, I am about to explode :P.

See you soon!

~Matt

Offline Razor

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 03:30:53 PM »
I figure it's about time I got on here...

I'm Frasier, aka Frasier The Razor, aka Razor.

I was introduced to parkour/freerunning by a friend here at Tech last year but regrettably did not join in until another friend back home showed me the ropes over the summer. So here I am in full vigor!

I've always liked jumping, vaulting, climbing, and going off the beaten path. Efficiency is also a plus. I come from a background of distance running the second half of high school, and not much hardcore athleticism before that, so now I like to stay in shape and I'm always trying to get stronger! I've been into other sports such as basketball and ultimate, but I see parkour as something more practical, something that comes more naturally, and something I can be more dedicated to as not just a fun sport but almost a lifestyle.

My style: Clumsy :D ...My main goal is efficiency--I might throw in a little flair here and there but nothing extreme.

Home: Lee Hall / Winchester

Offline Chris Kessler

• Mangabey
  • iJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 06:23:13 PM »
Wow, no one has posted here in a while!!

Well, some of you know me from REALITY and not this silly interweb business.

I'm Chris from Roanoke.

I kinda head things over here, yet there isn't much to head :-\

makes me sad!!

Going to VWCC for maybe a year then HOPEFULLY transferring to Tech!! Interested in Creative Writing, acting, stunt...manning(?), oh and parkour.

coming to tech this weekend for that jam!! PS: Leon, gimme some times/locations. My turn to map quest  ;D
"We don't stop playing because we grow up. We grow up because we stop playing."
-Tim "Livewire" Shieff

Offline DorkVader

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 02:08:12 PM »
Hello,
I was accepted into VT recently, and I'll be joining everyone this fall. Over break, I visited the campus.

I've been moderately interested in Parkour since I first heard about it (It was a long while ago, several years at least) but I haven't thought about actually starting it until recently. I did competitive Gymnastics for most of my life, and sicne I can no longer continue, I need something to keep me fit, active and happy. When I visited campus, I noticed that the surrounding area might be good for this sort of stuff.

In any case, I'll want to sign up when I arrive. I have no experience in Parkour proper, but I do like jumping, climbing, landing, etc. I'd very much like to keep this up. I'm extremely happy there are people interested in this at VT.

So is there anyone I can chat with, or anyone I need to talk to? I'll browse the 'boads here and see what I can find. Currently I'm located at a College in Kentucky, which despite being on top of a hill, has (seemingly) little one can do with parkour. Good thing there are some staircases. There is a small cliff where it's easy to practice landing on a springy flowerbed, and I intend on practising on rolling and landing there.

In any case, I'll hope to see people this fall.
(If interested, I'm pursuing Aerospace Engineering, I've been accepted to the honors college, but not necessarily Honors housing yet. I'm good at maths and science.)