Author Topic: North Jersey (Bergen County)  (Read 6051 times)

Offline Steve Zavitz

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
North Jersey (Bergen County)
« on: September 21, 2011, 06:20:43 PM »
Hey guys, I'm looking for anyone who might be training around the northern Jersey area.  I recently moved to Fort Lee, and I don't know any good spots or have any contacts in the area.  I've been training with the Michigan Parkour club for about three years now, and I'd really just like to find another community of dedicated practitioners.  I'm also trying to track down a gymnastics gym near here that does open training sessions.  Any suggestions?

Offline Daniel Riker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: North Jersey (Bergen County)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 08:24:59 PM »
hey steve

hey my name is Daniel and  live in west new york which is not to far from your area. I am looking for some people who are interested in training. I have not been practicing parkour long; however, i am into crossfit training which makes it easier to get your body ready for the different variety of whole body movements. If your interested let me know my e-mail is PurstregthXeroFX@gmail.com, you could also go to my facebook page PurStrengthXeroFX.

Offline Patty Craig

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »
Hello Steve.
My name is Dave. I live in Dumont and have been looking for training buddies. You haven't posted here in a while but if you are still active please contact me.

Offline Jesse Sedaka

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 05:16:22 AM »
Hey all, realize this post hasnt been active for a bit but im new and looking for training partners. Name is jesse and live in bergen county, lets do this! BTW if anyone knows any gyms which have training sessions let me know!

Offline Dakota Wharton

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »
I know its a very long shot that anyone still checks these but i live in montval and want to train with anyone willing so please contact me if anyone is still here doing parkour.

Offline JJJJJJJJJ

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 05:37:23 AM »
Hey there, I'm from Saddle Brook. If anyone is down to train let me know.

Offline bewillderment

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 06:52:04 PM »
Currently training in Ridgefield Park if anyone is in the area?

Offline Jan-Su

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 10:38:51 AM »
(Hmmm, some parts of this forum are almost a ghost town. New posts are often months apart.)

Hi there! Name's Janus. I'm based in Bergenfield of Bergen county. I just got more interested in Parkour this month, and am rather desperately looking for a PK-interested group near my area. I unfortunately have no background in any physical discipline whatsoever (long story). I don't necessarily hope to become a superstar in the PK community or anything like that, but this time, I just want to get to a decent level that I can personally feel proud of in something that I decided to take up.

I have found at least one decent very beginner's PK tutorial hosted by the Tapp Brothers, but it remains very difficult to train completely by yourself, especially with no instructor or group showing you what you are doing right or wrong, or to give you that extra encouragement.

I'm only about 20 minutes away from Overpeck County Park, but in extremes, I might make efforts to go out of Bergen county as a very last resort. But I'm glad to see here that there are some people in northeastern NJ who are also interested in PK. Now we just have to arrange a group and a meeting place to train and decided what to do from there.

Offline Jan-Su

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 01:50:55 PM »
Calling all parkour hopefuls near the New Jersey-New York border, especially Bergen and Rockland counties: you have to come check this place out as soon as you can. http://highexposureclimbing.com/ High Exposure is Bergen county’s new premier rock climbing/parkour/ninja warrior facility. I was there the other day for a one-day pass, and I was pretty impressed. If you’re looking for something new, fresh, and unique, I highly suggest visiting if you ever have the chance, especially as our counties are not very obstacle dense.

Also, for any and all Bergen County traceurs who didn’t know, there is a group on meetup.com titled Bergen County Parkour and Freerunning: http://www.meetup.com/BCPKFR/. Come join! After a two year hiatus following a motorcycle injury and dealing with personal matters, our original host/organizer will be returning soon. Let’s make some meetup times and locations, get together, and see what we can do. The more we have, the more we can learn from each other! Plus, I'm curious as to what spots in our county you're currently using/have used to train!

Offline ryanbro33

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 03:01:27 AM »
don't know if anyone checks this anymore, but my brother and I live around Cliffside Park and its just us training these days. so if anyone wants to train around this area or knows if there's a upcomming jam post it

Offline Jan-Su

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 01:23:49 PM »
(Just realized I forgot to say this in my earlier posts here.)

Besides my high school, I also occasionally train in the main campus of Bergen Community College in Paramus, which surprisingly still has some decent spots to do stuff on.