Author Topic: The Day Parkour Died At UTD-"Tapp Brothers get banned by COPS!"  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Gabe Arnold

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Proud Founder of S.U.T.S.
    • View Profile
    • Gabe Arnold Fitness
The Day Parkour Died At UTD-"Tapp Brothers get banned by COPS!"
« on: September 16, 2011, 07:17:21 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7C_46fDy68

"Some parkour and freerunning clips from UTD in Dallas and other parts of Texas. At the end we were trainng at UTD and two cops came out and said that we were getting tresspassing tickets for training on campus. So my bro and I pulled out our sound recorder which made them change their tune a bit. They ended up giving us warnings. Unfortunetly my camera's card was full so we weren't able to film the interaction.

Again these were the only cops who had ever given us trouble for trainnig parkour at the University of Texas at Dallas over the past 5 years or so that we have been training there."

Offline akarynn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: The Day Parkour Died At UTD-"Tapp Brothers get banned by COPS!"
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 10:22:18 AM »
How upsetting that this happened in my backyard :( Is it possible to get UTD to start a Parkour club/society and thereby get permission for you guys to be on their campus? I love how they were insinuating that since you weren't in full time education that you are uneducated. Uni IS a scam...(in many cases...) You should have asked if they needed a university education to be college cops :P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 11:25:02 AM by akarynn »

Offline Vagabond

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 08:50:05 PM »
Talk to the campus, start a club, sign a waiver, etc.  Try to make it legit and no more worries.  Sometimes people just do not like other doing something they either do not understand, or (as it appears) are unable to do.
Always Learn, Always Train
http://norcalparkour.webs.com/

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 06:58:29 AM »
Talk to the campus, start a club, sign a waiver, etc.  Try to make it legit and no more worries.  Sometimes people just do not like other doing something they either do not understand, or (as it appears) are unable to do.

Great solution. My friend is trying this at UNLV in Vegas.

The security guard at the campus told us that he didn't mind us doing it, but didn't want us filming and posting vids on youtube because it promoted young kids to go there and get hurt. I suppose that is a fair compromise for free reign over the campus. I'm not sure if anything changed since I have been there but that was my last updated piece of knowledge on the matter.

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 08:07:26 AM »
Great solution. My friend is trying this at UNLV in Vegas.

The security guard at the campus told us that he didn't mind us doing it, but didn't want us filming and posting vids on youtube because it promoted young kids to go there and get hurt. I suppose that is a fair compromise for free reign over the campus. I'm not sure if anything changed since I have been there but that was my last updated piece of knowledge on the matter.

Well that kinda sucks for no Footage to track your progress. That's kinda upsetting to here. I haven't had that problem yet at LA Tech. I usually wait for the weekend before I try to vault over a wall or table since it's so crowed untill the weekend. That's unfair. I remember a kid tried to imitate Garra's "Sand burial" and killed his self because of a cartoon, but you can't flim since apparently all children in your city will find your channel and copy you. I always tell kids not to imiatate me but practice on obstacles thier size and capability. I will have footage by the end of the month, just need a group of folks to train with.
WIP

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 08:33:46 AM »
I will have footage by the end of the month, just need a group of folks to train with.

Awesome man! Good luck with that.

I agree, the no footage thing sucks but I'm pretty sure if you are quick about it they won't exactly be able to track it in any way. Unless that rule has changed since I talked to my friend last. Either way, no cameras allowed or not, just being ALLOWED to train at UNLV is a great thing that I will be happy to compromise for. Better that then the alternative of getting banned on campus.

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 08:45:12 AM »
Awesome man! Good luck with that.

I agree, the no footage thing sucks but I'm pretty sure if you are quick about it they won't exactly be able to track it in any way. Unless that rule has changed since I talked to my friend last. Either way, no cameras allowed or not, just being ALLOWED to train at UNLV is a great thing that I will be happy to compromise for. Better that then the alternative of getting banned on campus.

Nah, we have a group on campus, but Kyle is always busy with other things so I trying to push new folks to the sport. I train in usually quiet spots so I okay from the campus police, but still respect the parkour creed. but my camera skills are good, but it's hard without a tripod and the thing is the camera is only 5 mega pixels. LOL

But once done, the title will be flashy. LOL
WIP

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 08:57:59 AM »
As long as the title is flashy! =P

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 09:02:51 AM »
As long as the title is flashy! =P

True
WIP

Offline Cend

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 03:55:34 AM »
In fact, the territory of the university should be closed to outsiders. It should be closed to the safety of students, teachers and all who work there. For this, as for me it is not the best idea to study parkour there. At a certain time in my life, I was also fond of parkour, it was the meaning of life for me and I completely forgot about studying. Therefore, I found a way out and used uk.papersowl.com, as this is the best lab report writing service that does any task quickly and very high quality. So the best thing is to do parkour training somewhere on publicly accessible sites.