Author Topic: The Day Parkour Died At UTD-"Tapp Brothers get banned by COPS!"  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Gabe Arnold

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Proud Founder of S.U.T.S.
    • View Profile
    • Gabe Arnold Fitness
The Day Parkour Died At UTD-"Tapp Brothers get banned by COPS!"
« on: September 16, 2011, 07:17:21 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7C_46fDy68

"Some parkour and freerunning clips from UTD in Dallas and other parts of Texas. At the end we were trainng at UTD and two cops came out and said that we were getting tresspassing tickets for training on campus. So my bro and I pulled out our sound recorder which made them change their tune a bit. They ended up giving us warnings. Unfortunetly my camera's card was full so we weren't able to film the interaction.

Again these were the only cops who had ever given us trouble for trainnig parkour at the University of Texas at Dallas over the past 5 years or so that we have been training there."

Offline akarynn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: The Day Parkour Died At UTD-"Tapp Brothers get banned by COPS!"
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 10:22:18 AM »
How upsetting that this happened in my backyard :( Is it possible to get UTD to start a Parkour club/society and thereby get permission for you guys to be on their campus? I love how they were insinuating that since you weren't in full time education that you are uneducated. Uni IS a scam...(in many cases...) You should have asked if they needed a university education to be college cops :P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 11:25:02 AM by akarynn »

Offline Vagabond

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 08:50:05 PM »
Talk to the campus, start a club, sign a waiver, etc.  Try to make it legit and no more worries.  Sometimes people just do not like other doing something they either do not understand, or (as it appears) are unable to do.
Always Learn, Always Train
http://norcalparkour.webs.com/

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 06:58:29 AM »
Talk to the campus, start a club, sign a waiver, etc.  Try to make it legit and no more worries.  Sometimes people just do not like other doing something they either do not understand, or (as it appears) are unable to do.

Great solution. My friend is trying this at UNLV in Vegas.

The security guard at the campus told us that he didn't mind us doing it, but didn't want us filming and posting vids on youtube because it promoted young kids to go there and get hurt. I suppose that is a fair compromise for free reign over the campus. I'm not sure if anything changed since I have been there but that was my last updated piece of knowledge on the matter.

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 08:07:26 AM »
Great solution. My friend is trying this at UNLV in Vegas.

The security guard at the campus told us that he didn't mind us doing it, but didn't want us filming and posting vids on youtube because it promoted young kids to go there and get hurt. I suppose that is a fair compromise for free reign over the campus. I'm not sure if anything changed since I have been there but that was my last updated piece of knowledge on the matter.

Well that kinda sucks for no Footage to track your progress. That's kinda upsetting to here. I haven't had that problem yet at LA Tech. I usually wait for the weekend before I try to vault over a wall or table since it's so crowed untill the weekend. That's unfair. I remember a kid tried to imitate Garra's "Sand burial" and killed his self because of a cartoon, but you can't flim since apparently all children in your city will find your channel and copy you. I always tell kids not to imiatate me but practice on obstacles thier size and capability. I will have footage by the end of the month, just need a group of folks to train with.
WIP

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 08:33:46 AM »
I will have footage by the end of the month, just need a group of folks to train with.

Awesome man! Good luck with that.

I agree, the no footage thing sucks but I'm pretty sure if you are quick about it they won't exactly be able to track it in any way. Unless that rule has changed since I talked to my friend last. Either way, no cameras allowed or not, just being ALLOWED to train at UNLV is a great thing that I will be happy to compromise for. Better that then the alternative of getting banned on campus.

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 08:45:12 AM »
Awesome man! Good luck with that.

I agree, the no footage thing sucks but I'm pretty sure if you are quick about it they won't exactly be able to track it in any way. Unless that rule has changed since I talked to my friend last. Either way, no cameras allowed or not, just being ALLOWED to train at UNLV is a great thing that I will be happy to compromise for. Better that then the alternative of getting banned on campus.

Nah, we have a group on campus, but Kyle is always busy with other things so I trying to push new folks to the sport. I train in usually quiet spots so I okay from the campus police, but still respect the parkour creed. but my camera skills are good, but it's hard without a tripod and the thing is the camera is only 5 mega pixels. LOL

But once done, the title will be flashy. LOL
WIP

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 08:57:59 AM »
As long as the title is flashy! =P

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 09:02:51 AM »
As long as the title is flashy! =P

True
WIP

Offline Cend

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 03:55:34 AM »
In fact, the territory of the university should be closed to outsiders. It should be closed to the safety of students, teachers and all who work there. For this, as for me it is not the best idea to study parkour there. At a certain time in my life, I was also fond of parkour, it was the meaning of life for me and I completely forgot about studying. Therefore, I found a way out and used uk.papersowl.com, as this is the best lab report writing service that does any task quickly and very high quality. So the best thing is to do parkour training somewhere on publicly accessible sites.

Offline goosz9n9

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 11:51:14 PM »
This fireboy and watergirl series game have lots of new maps and level.

Offline alvinrr

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 05:20:25 AM »
I don't really like Parkour so, It's nothing to me.
Have  this pixel gun 3d free coins for free.

Offline atmomiavap

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Wie Sie OGG In MP3 Umwandeln K?nnen
Wie Sie OGG In MP3 Umwandeln K?nnen
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2019, 11:02:15 PM »
Aiseesoft OGG MP3 Converter ist ausgezeichnetes OGG Vorbis in MP3 Converter und MP3 in OGG Vorbis Converter.  Mit dem Free Video to MP3 Converter kann aus jedem beliebigen Video die Musik extrahiert und ins MP3-Format umgewandelt werden. Wenn eine Datei einen ID3-Tag enth?lt, das Cowl jedoch fehlt, versucht das Programm, ein solches mittels verschiedener Internetdienste zu finden. Audacity ist ein freier, leicht zu bedienender und sehr m?chtiger Audioeditor und -recorder f?r GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, Home windows und andere Betriebssysteme. Erscheint ein Kontextmenue, mit den Optionen die ausgew?hlte Audiodatein in ein anderes Format wie wma, mp3, wmv, ogg oder auch flv umwandeln. Am Ende liegen Kopien unserer Ogg Vorbis-Dateien als MP3's im Zielordner und k?nnen von dort auf den portablen Participant kopiert werden.
Es kann Audiodateien ins mp3, wma, wav, ogg und Ac3 Format konvertieren und stellt alle Bitrates und Samplerates zur Verf?gung. Wer tiefergehende Informationen zum Tiptoi-Stift sucht sollte auch mal ins Wiki der Github-Seite schauen. Und mehr als 220 kbps bringt sowieso f?r die meisten nix mehr (egal ob ogg oder mp3), weil die Audio-CD selber limitiert. So k?nnen Sie etwa FLAC Dateien zu Apples Lossless umwandeln, was von den meisten Appleger?ten abgespielt werden kann. Dieser Converter kombiniert zahlreiche professionelle Werkzeuge zum Konvertieren, Brennen und Optimieren von Musik, Sprache & Videoton in einer Software f?r Home windows. Eine erhebliche Einschr?nkung der Customary WAV-Dateien sind ihre Beschr?nkung auf Dateien nicht gr??er als 4 GB. Grund ist hierf?r die Verwendung einer 32-Bit-Ganzzahl, um die Gr??e im Dateiheader zu speichern. Besides, Tipard OGG MP3 Converter can help you to optimize your audio effect.
Schlie?lich klicken Sie auf Konvertieren auf der unteren rechten Ecke der Hauptschnittstelle, um OGG in MP3 umzuwandeln. In der Tat ermutigt das FLAC-Projekt Entwickler, keine Artwork von Kopierschutz in Systemen zu integrieren. Er unterst?tzt Batch-Herunterladen der Movies kostenloser ogg in mp3 konverter von YouTube/Google/Metacafe/Vevo/Howcast/Fb/Nicovide und Batch-Konvertierung zu MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4A und OGG. Freemake kann automatisch konvertierte M4A und MP3 Files zur iTunes Sammlung hinzuf?gen.
Unterwegs MP3 VBR V2 oder CBR 192, und alles funzt ?berall in der besten vern?nftigen Qualit?t. Von gro?em Vorteil ist, dass das Outputformat sowie die Dateigr??e der Zieldatei noch vor dem Konvertieren angezeigt wird, was beim Planen von Projekten sehr hilft. Vor allem die Einbindung von einem DRM-System (Digital Rights Management) sollte eine echte Various zu MP3 schaffen. Der Konverter unterst?tzt alle g?ngigen Audioformate wie MP3, Home windows ogg zu mp3 online Media Audio (WMA und ASF), QuickTime-Audio (MP4, M4A und AAC), Real Audio (RM und RA), Vorbis Audio (OGG), Formate f?r Mobiltelefone (AMR), Inventive Voice (VOC), Sun Audio (AU), Wave Audio (WAV und AIFF), FLAC, etc.

Offline whisktit

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Free APE CUE Splitter, CUE APE To MP3 Converter
FLAC Higher Than APE Or OGG Or MP3?
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2019, 05:29:52 AM »
DocsPal is a free online file converter that supports all form of documents, video, audio, images, e-books and archives like microsoft word (doc, docx), powerpoint (ppt, pptx), excel (xls, xlsx), open office documents (odp, odt, ods), pdf, djvu, postscript; avi, mpeg, mkv, mp4, mov, flv, wmv, in addition to video for iPhone, iPad, iPod, HTC, PSP, BlackBerry; mp3, wav, wma, aac, ac3, flac; chm, fb2, jpeg 2000 (jp2), png, photoshop paperwork (psd), tiff; 7z, jar, rar, zip and plenty of others.  You may also use Change Sound File Converter to extract audio out of your video files and CDs/DVDs, in addition to seize audio from a reside audio stream from the Internet. FLAC audio is supported by the majority of platforms like Windows, Unix, Amiga. X Lossless Decoder (XLD) is a instrument for OS X that is able to decode/convert/play numerous 'lossless' audio information. In case you're unable to play or edit a sure audio file the best way you wanted as a result of the format isn't supported by the software you're using, one among these free audio converter software programs or on-line instruments may also help. Note: To get APE file, you should utilize Monkey's Audio to compress big measurement WAV audio.
FLAC Editor - Edit FLAC recordsdata with or with out re-encoding like split FLAC into multiple audio tracks, be part of several FLAC into one file, decrease or improve FLAC audio volume, change the FLAC pattern rate, channels, bitrates, and and so forth. Nonetheless, APE file can't be supported by most popular gadgets and gamers, many audiophiles get the difficulty of enjoying APE file akin to playback with hiccups or can't play the one. Not like the above packages that will work with specific working techniques solely, you should utilize on any OS that helps fashionable browsers, such as on a Windows, Linux, or Mac laptop. Zamzar can be utilized with just about any modern web browser on any OS, such as Home windows, Mac, and Linux.
This can be a fairly good converter - Video Converter Final , which might even batch convert FLAC audio to WAV. And if there's just one function you want FlicFlac had, then the good news is that it's open supply, so you may all the time download the core AutoHotkey script and amend it to do no matter you like. Not only can Hamster convert a number of audio files in bulk, however it might ape to flac online merge the files into one, very similar to Freemake Audio Converter. Should you convert music from APE to FLAC or the opposite method round, the resulting files will likely be equivalent within the sense of audio high quality.
It comprises mostly all the things it's worthwhile to know to convert varied codecs to the free format Ogg Vorbis, together with explanations on find out convert ape to flac how to convert FLAC to WAV and vice-versa, convert FLAC, WAV, APE, AC3, WMA or SHN to Ogg Vorbis, edit tags from command-line at no cost audio codecs, and rather more. It eliminates the extra step that was always in the way in which of a seamless switch forAPE converters on Mac & PC.
If you are an Apple person, you may discover it very inconvenient to play FLAC in your Apple units, since Mac OS and different Apple devices, like iPhone, iPad or iPod, don't recognize FLAC and can't play it. This text will introduce the highest 5 free FLAC converters for Mac computers, test it out. Inside this assortment you'll find numerous applications that will enable you to convert APE files into FLAC ones. It's a highly effective however simple-to-use audio converter providing a lot of hints for novices.