Author Topic: Top Ten Most Influential Parkour and Freerunning Videos  (Read 12699 times)

Offline akarynn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Top Ten Most Influential Parkour and Freerunning Videos
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 07:20:50 AM »
I credit this video, Maksim Mrvica-Kolibre http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgcNVq40TBA as my introduction, first exposure and inspiration for parkour and the fact it's a woman didn't hurt :) I first saw it in Summer 2005 when I was in Istanbul as a fourteen year old. I remembered the name of the video and found it when I returned to the states. I loved the piano piece and during my search, I heard that what that girl was doing was called parkour. What the woman did in the video wasn't extreme but it did lead the way for me to find the name of the discipline and as a female practitioner, it was probably best for me to see a woman freerun. It stayed in my mind over the years, until this year, after randomly stumbling upon Jump London, I decided to give it a shot.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 07:24:07 AM by akarynn »

Offline Tyler Summers

• Mangabey
  • La maladie du traceur
    • View Profile
    • Tylers911
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 07:31:51 AM »
Elet Hall - Be Wild
2 Samuel 22
30 For by you I can run against a troop; By my God I can leap over a wall.
33 God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect.
34 ...he sets me on my high places.
37 you enlarged my path under me; so my feet did not slip.

Offline Elet ET

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Smite me, Oh Mighty Smiter!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 12:09:36 AM »
^what he said...
ProParkour--ANTI-ADVERB!!!!!

If you don't like their rules, Refuse to play their game.
Anarchy is not CHAOS, but order without CONTROL.
Frederick, MD PK

Offline Brian O'Neil

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 09:40:48 AM »
I know a lot of people will be upset by what I'm about to say but this is how I feel.

While Parkour Literally 1, 2, and 3 are all great videos I do not think they are the most influential. Why because while impressive they weren't influential. All they did was take move people have seen and put them together very well. While impressive how many of us (even out of the newbies) can site this as the reason we started Parkour. Or for that matter even reignite the passion for it. The answer at most is 507,495. I have watched it at least 5 time. A friend of mine watched it just as many times. That makes it 507,485 people.

While that's a lot. It's not as much as the people who have seen jump London or Yamakasi- Ripley's believe it or not which directly inspired many traceurs.

I don't agree, here is my take on these videos:

I was into parkour from many of the ones listed in this thread. It seemed interesting to me, but I didn't think I could do it, so I kept just dreaming about doing it and never starting.

Then I saw parkour literally, I saw that I could indeed do what he did, and he did it with so much beauty in his movements, and gave the art a whole different view for myself. In many respects, it's the reason I really started training, but not the reason I got "into" parkour.
Action without thought is like shooting without aim.

Advising is easier than helping.