Author Topic: Eggs  (Read 6840 times)

Offline Ryan Drake

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Eggs
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 11:43:40 AM »
Semi unrelated, I eat a few eggs every morning (soft/hard boiled) but I seem to almost always peel off that layer of 'skin' between the shell and the egg.

Should I make an effort to leave it intact, or are the nutrients (if any) contained in that 'skin' negligible?

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
Re: Eggs
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 01:17:08 PM »
I don't eat as many eggs as I would like to, but we get ours from local farmers so we spend more for less. Pro animal care and whatnot.

My usual recipe is 3 eggs (whole) cooked over chopped potatoes in a light amount of virgin oil, seasoned with pepper, a dash of basil, and a dash of Italian seasoning. I warm a 16" tortilla and wrap it all up into a delicious breakfast with a side of fruit. (lately it was chorizo and eggs take out the Italian seasoning)

I tried a mixture yesterday that turned out bada*s!
        It was 3 eggs cooked in Virgin oil with pepper and Italian seasoning and shredded mixed mexican cheese. I sprinkled a little portion of shredded cooked white chicken before I poured on two packets of Taco Bell's Hot Sauce and let it cook on low. You can substitute the taco sauce, it was all we had at the moment.
Anyways....wrap it in a warm 16" tortilla and enjoy! It was good eats.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌ยง▌
Now this is happening!
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,14576.180.html