Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
Eggs
« on: August 24, 2011, 03:41:49 PM »
We have a lot of eggs in our house. It's probably one of my main sources of protein. My question is, how much is to much? I know there is a lot of fat in the yoke, should I eat just the whites of the eggs?

Also, I did do a search and I found another topic on this, but the forum had a 404 error on the topic. 
Weight training alongside parkour always benefits, it never takes away.

Quote from: Joe Brock
It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline Roberto Espinoza Jr.

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Eggs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 04:12:21 PM »
I too consume a multitude of eggs.....
Warning:  Limits in mind are further than they appear.

Is it further...or farther...?

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:27:29 PM »
You should eat the whole egg.  I'd consider about 6 per meal, assuming that you're eating 5-6 meals a day, about enough.  Any more than that might be a bit much.

Plus, if you want "things that go great with eggs," I have a huge list.  Sausage with bacon pieces scrambled together in eggs, some salsa, and a glass of milk to wash it down is perhaps the manliest breakfast that I've found.
Posts are not to be mistaken for medical or training advice, or anything other than the rantings of an amateur strongman and powerlifter.

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 08:39:07 PM »
If you're allergic to eggs stay away.

If you're not allergic to eggs feel free to eat a lot. Eat the whole egg. ^^

High intake cholesterol is healthy btw
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15164336
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Roberto Espinoza Jr.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 04:14:00 AM »
You should eat the whole egg.  I'd consider about 6 per meal, assuming that you're eating 5-6 meals a day, about enough.  Any more than that might be a bit much.

Plus, if you want "things that go great with eggs," I have a huge list.  Sausage with bacon pieces scrambled together in eggs, some salsa, and a glass of milk to wash it down is perhaps the manliest breakfast that I've found.

Holy shit that"s alot of eggs! xD Eh at least I know eggs are awesome now! Time to go make me some :) then it's off to school xD
Warning:  Limits in mind are further than they appear.

Is it further...or farther...?

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 05:55:40 AM »
Cool...I love eggs. Thanks for the replies guys!

And Steven, the high cholesterol intake was another factor in my mind. Thanks for that article! 
Weight training alongside parkour always benefits, it never takes away.

Quote from: Joe Brock
It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 08:03:27 AM »
I've actually not eaten as many eggs as I should, but I've gained a lot of muscle from all the milk, yogurt, and granola bars I consume each day. I can't drink an egg raw, messes with my insides, LOL.
WIP

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 01:09:13 PM »
Granola is overrated.  I can't knock the milk, though.  Plus, there's really no reason to take on the raw eggs that I've come up with.  I have drank a carton of egg whites in a pinch, but if I have the option to cook them, that's always my first choice.

I realize that it may fly in the face of common thought, but high-fat and ridiculous levels of meat with raw veggies and some nuts is actually highly nutritious.  Organ meat is a supreme option.  I'm sure that this has all been covered before, and I'll try to put together a list of articles regarding high cholesterol and the myths associated with it.  Silly vegans and agricultural practices are ruining the ability to know what is ACTUALLY good for us by putting out enough misinformation and propaganda to convince those who don't insist on proof that real food will kill you.

...it won't.
Posts are not to be mistaken for medical or training advice, or anything other than the rantings of an amateur strongman and powerlifter.

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 05:25:50 AM »
Granola is overrated.  I can't knock the milk, though.  Plus, there's really no reason to take on the raw eggs that I've come up with.  I have drank a carton of egg whites in a pinch, but if I have the option to cook them, that's always my first choice.

I realize that it may fly in the face of common thought, but high-fat and ridiculous levels of meat with raw veggies and some nuts is actually highly nutritious.  Organ meat is a supreme option.  I'm sure that this has all been covered before, and I'll try to put together a list of articles regarding high cholesterol and the myths associated with it.  Silly vegans and agricultural practices are ruining the ability to know what is ACTUALLY good for us by putting out enough misinformation and propaganda to convince those who don't insist on proof that real food will kill you.

...it won't.

True, and I agree, but I have like the metabolism that makes girls and my Girlfriend jealous, I can eat a ridiculous amount of anything, but never gain a pound in the following days. So Gaining weight is not a factor to me at the moment. as far as eggs go, I'm a heavy meat eater and veggie lover so I've found a balance in my diet, but thanks for some of tips for me to use when I'm older or such.
WIP

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 07:11:35 AM »
True, and I agree, but I have like the metabolism that makes girls and my Girlfriend jealous, I can eat a ridiculous amount of anything, but never gain a pound in the following days. So Gaining weight is not a factor to me at the moment. as far as eggs go, I'm a heavy meat eater and veggie lover so I've found a balance in my diet, but thanks for some of tips for me to use when I'm older or such.

I believe that you misunderstand me.  I don't eat like this to stay small, but rather to be BIG!!!  At the kcal levels that I intake, you'd gain weight too...I promise. ;)

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 01:24:47 PM »
I believe that you misunderstand me.  I don't eat like this to stay small, but rather to be BIG!!!  At the kcal levels that I intake, you'd gain weight too...I promise. ;)

I didn't misunderstand you, I was Saying that no matter how much I eat, whether healthy or non healthy, I seem to not gain weight. That's all I was saying.
WIP

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 06:15:47 PM »
I didn't misunderstand you, I was Saying that no matter how much I eat, whether healthy or non healthy, I seem to not gain weight. That's all I was saying.

Then you need to eat more. :)

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 04:41:53 AM »
^^  This.

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 06:36:08 AM »
Then you need to eat more. :)

Trust me, I eat, believe that. LOL  Most people that I know call me the human Garbage Disposal, but I really do find it weird that I eat like 5-6 meals a day, but still stay my size.  :-\ AM I eating wrong??
WIP

Offline akarynn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 07:00:16 AM »
Spencer, it might just have to do with age. A friend of mine who used to eat two whole pizzas in one sitting says that the vacuum in his stomach has closed with age. Interestingly enough, since he started rock climbing (his only real mode of exercise) and gained muscle mass he has needed less food. Is that odd  ???

And pardon if this has been answered elsewhere...but is there a thin line between getting too much and too little protein? Don't wanna get too much, but I don't think I'm getting enough protein at the moment. I've been thinking that my sluggishness lately has been due to not getting enough nutrition (especially protein.) I love eggs so I'll try eating more. Someone told me if I am working out more than I need to up my protein. I've never done this type of strenuous exercise and training for so many hours so many days a week so I have zero idea as to how much protein I need....
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:05:45 AM by akarynn »

Offline Alex Patterson

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 08:02:44 AM »
My brother says the same thing, he eats all the time and never gains weight. His doc even says his back problems are because he's too skinny and told him to gain weight. But the doc said for him to eat a lot of pasta. Ha. Like that's going to do any good. I tell him the only. Way to gain weight is eat more calories then you use. Simple as that.

But on subject. Eggs are awesome. So many different ways to make em. My favorit is omlettes with meat inside, especially chili verde omlettes. Best food ever. Since I've started weight training. I'm always hungry. Craving meat like crazy.  And eggs fill that craving quite well.

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 09:07:02 AM »
It has nothing to do with age.  It has to do with not eating enough quality nutrients.  I can ASSURE you, because I'm also a hard-gainer, that it's possible to gain weight.  Start with GOMAD (1 gallon of WHOLE milk per day.)  Then, add olive oil to everything that you can...even take shots of it.  Eat bacon, eggs, steak, veggies, nuts, fruits, and wash them down with more milk.

If you start tracking what you actually eat, it'll surprise how much you're NOT actually eating.  I had a pint of high-fat ice cream after my breakfast this morning...because if I don't just get silly with my food intake, I can't gain at all.  My schedule has me training at some level for 5 days a week (4 of these are lifting), so that has to be taken into account.

If the mysterious (pizza eating) friend would throw about 8oz of Extra virgin olive oil on those pizzas, and chase it with about 24oz of whole milk, I would imagine that he would gain...just like everyone else who's had this issue.  You aren't a special snowflake.  If you want to be bigger, then lift heavy and eat more.

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 12:01:59 PM »
It has nothing to do with age.  It has to do with not eating enough quality nutrients.  I can ASSURE you, because I'm also a hard-gainer, that it's possible to gain weight.  Start with GOMAD (1 gallon of WHOLE milk per day.)  Then, add olive oil to everything that you can...even take shots of it.  Eat bacon, eggs, steak, veggies, nuts, fruits, and wash them down with more milk.

If you start tracking what you actually eat, it'll surprise how much you're NOT actually eating.  I had a pint of high-fat ice cream after my breakfast this morning...because if I don't just get silly with my food intake, I can't gain at all.  My schedule has me training at some level for 5 days a week (4 of these are lifting), so that has to be taken into account.

If the mysterious (pizza eating) friend would throw about 8oz of Extra virgin olive oil on those pizzas, and chase it with about 24oz of whole milk, I would imagine that he would gain...just like everyone else who's had this issue.  You aren't a special snowflake.  If you want to be bigger, then lift heavy and eat more.

True, and Thanks for the tips, and I know I'm not anyone special but I tend to debate sometimes. :) LOL
WIP

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 02:51:53 PM »
Put what you eat in a typical day to fitday and then post it here.

My guess is you're likely not eating over 3k kcals even though you say you're eating a lot.

Offline Alex Patterson

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 04:22:55 PM »
Put what you eat in a typical day to fitday and then post it here.

My guess is you're likely not eating over 3k kcals even though you say you're eating a lot.

That's true. I did a food journal for a bit and was surprised how little I was eating. And what I did eat was not good food.