Competitions > General Discussions (Competition)

Competition in Parkour

(1/22) > >>

Mark Toorock:
There are competitions which take place in the Parkour and Freerunning world both at a grass roots level and at a very well funded and organized professional level. We'll use these forums to discuss the competitions, what we think, how they can be improved, and how they affect the community in general.

It is inevitable that there will be arguments both for and against competition, we only ask that people present their views in clear and polite ways and have discussions instead of arguments, that is the only that that we can improve hat we do is if we are willing to listen to other's opinions and discuss ideas civilly.

Thanks - M2

Nick Briseno:
i think competitions for money is just dumb because you will have inexperienced traceurs trying stuff that they are not ready for because they want to make that $.

But, I think there is nothing wrong with some friendly competition in-between your friends. For example me and my friend that i used to train with would always say "if he does it that means I'm not leaving until i do it," we pushed each other to the best of our ability and i think competition like that is pretty healthy.

Mark Toorock:
Nick, do you see the same thing in Tennis or Golf? Inexperienced people who only start for the chance to win money in the pro circuit?? Why would it happen in Parkour?

Nick Briseno:

--- Quote from: M2. on August 15, 2011, 12:50:21 PM ---Nick, do you see the same thing in Tennis or Golf? Inexperienced people who only start for the chance to win money in the pro circuit?? Why would it happen in Parkour?

--- End quote ---
what do you mean?
i just don't think there needs to be competition in parkour because what would the scoring be based off of? style? flashiness? flow? cleanness of moves?

Mark Toorock:
Well there are already a bunch of competitions, some based on speed, some based on style, some with elements of both ... with these threads hopefully we'll gather videos and info into one place to discuss it all with more focus to make the events better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version