Author Topic: Faelcind 2005 sampler  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Rafe

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Natural Athletics
Faelcind 2005 sampler
« on: December 08, 2005, 01:20:04 PM »
My orginal intention was not to publish a video untill I felt like I was actuall pretty good at parkour.
But then my freind dane edited a video of us I enjoyed it so I put it and got a allot of interesting feedback.
However I felt like I had gotten a bit better since the footage was taken and wanted to see if peoples advice
would be any different based on what I was doing now. So I decided to make another one,
it was mostly filmed over two days outside and one day in the gymn with some old footage mixed in,
it includes a parkour section and an acrobatics session since I practice both.
I was nursing a shoulder injury during the filming so that was holding me back a bit
 but it is pretty representive of were I am at the moment.
So let me know what you think were I can improve and how to improve it.

http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2XY8T3MEVX8530L5FZYQ2CRPSG
I shall not fear, fear is the mind killer the little death that precedes total obliteration

I will face my fear, I will let it pass over and through me and were it is gone, I will turn the inner eye and see its path, and only I will remain.

Offline Deft

• Definitely NOT a wanker...
  • Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Faelcind 2005 sampler
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 02:20:29 PM »
It was pretty good. A couple times your roll looked a little late (like you hit and THEN roll on a couple). Your kongs are very good and fluid. It is awesome that you get to set up runs in your gym. I'm sure that will help a lot but you are on the right path
overall, good stuff. just tighten the screws on some rolls and explore more vaults besides the kong,monkey, and speed. (there was a LOT of speed vaults in there)

do you get to train (pk) or jam with other traceurs?

keep it up man!

The joy of surpassing the limits of the body is open to all.
-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 05:02:35 PM »
Cool stuff man, that tree looks awesome! And a super nice gym too.
Nice underbar at 2:05! That gainer at 2:28 looked darn floaty. Nice acrobatics overall!
You're looking good, [and I think this comment is said to every video] work on your speed, and that's about it!

Offline Rafe

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Natural Athletics
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 02:29:03 PM »
Thanks guy's. Deft yeah I have been working on rolls a lot only one of the rolls in video was from recent footage. I can do dash's, kashs, lazy's, thiefs, turn vaults, but parkour isn't a trick list I just use the vault that feels fluid in the context of an obstacles most of the time for me thats a s2c or speed.
I shall not fear, fear is the mind killer the little death that precedes total obliteration

I will face my fear, I will let it pass over and through me and were it is gone, I will turn the inner eye and see its path, and only I will remain.

Offline Asa Liebmann

• New Jersey
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • NYParkour
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 03:24:03 PM »
Remember when we were talking on MSN, and I said your cat jumps looked funny? Just to elaborate on that, the reason they are not smooth is because you slow down coming up to the obstacle, place your hands on it, and then jump.

Maintain your speed, and jump before your hands contact the obstacle. This will not only make the movement smoother, but also increase your distance a lot.

Also, remember about the wallspins. Never reach down.