Author Topic: Cork s/t help?  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Swa

• Patas
  • Life's short, make fun of it!
    • View Profile
Cork s/t help?
« on: June 30, 2011, 03:13:23 PM »
This is my current cork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQMF7lMRfzA&feature=related

I want to be able to get it higher/faster so i can swing through.  right now, if i land too low to land on one leg and swing effectively.  Do i just need to constantly drill this until i build the height for it?  or am i doing something wrong technically? 

have a nice day

Offline steve dahlin

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour/Freerunning/Tricking
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Cork s/t help?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 08:57:39 PM »
i think your last step of your j-step should be angled slightly more to the left (directly away from the camera)
your j step is a little weak since you were standing there and went right when he said go, you should try to pump yourself up a little bit jump around, maybe walk into your j step at least, you need a bit more energy to do a cork s/t cork

last of all you need to stop leaning forward after you finish your cork (hard habit to break)
in order to s/t a cork, you need to land with your whole body perpendicular to the ground (standing straight up)

it looks like you are using your arms very well though
I like Tricking and Free Running, i don't think i actually do parkour, because i do it for fun and self expression, which would change the term to free running.

Offline Swa

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 12:02:14 AM »
so pretty much energy, sharper j step, and landing upright?  thanks thats pretty much what i needed haha

have a nice day

Offline Sean Boyd

• Mangabey
  • “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:53:30 AM »
I realized this topic hasn't been posted in in quite some time, but I haven't been on the forum in quite some time. If you're still having trouble with cork s/t really work on getting your chest up. Study up on trickers like Anis Cheurfa and Micha Karns for this.

Offline TheBigLOL

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 08:16:56 PM »
I looks like you right foot lands right after your left foot.  Try to focus on really reaching your left leg to the ground at the end of your cork.  This will leave your right leg trailing behind giving you time to pull your chest up.  Remember to keep your left leg as strong as possible on landing otherwise your right leg will have to come down to support your weight.
Tricking is beast, you should try it.

Offline steve dahlin

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour/Freerunning/Tricking
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 12:30:53 AM »
Gainer s/t Gainer on the trampoline helped me a ton
then Cork s/t gainer on the trampoline helps even more.

if i'm in the gym and i do a cork s/t gainer on the trampoline, then i can cork s/t cork on spring floor without any fear.
I like Tricking and Free Running, i don't think i actually do parkour, because i do it for fun and self expression, which would change the term to free running.

Offline Swa

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 12:28:59 PM »
haha thanks guys i have it just fine now

have a nice day