Author Topic: Dislocated patella... completely not PK related  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Joe A.

• Patas
    • View Profile
Dislocated patella... completely not PK related
« on: June 09, 2011, 03:42:24 AM »
I dislocated my knee-cap after a weekend's worth of parkour and martial arts training. It happened at the after-party where I collided knees with one of the senseis.

I found out that I have been gaining weight from my lack of movement.  Is there anything I can do to help my dilemma?  Water aerobics hurt and most chair exercises involve flailing arms for a duration of time and looks really funny. 

Docs said I should be back to walking normally in 5 weeks if PT does its job.

Offline mnugghuhx

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Dislocated patella... completely not PK related
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 05:04:03 AM »
Immobilize the leg and just shadow box on place. Punch some pillows on the couch or something.  Throwing punches gets exhausting really fast. you could also do work on Olympic rings (close to the ground)- dips, rows, muscle ups, pushups, pullups, etc.  You could also do the rowing machine with a straight/braced leg. I have had a bunch of leg injuries, and you gotta stay upper body active until you can get back on your feet!
I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my bedroom and was in bed before the room was dark.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 05:36:19 AM »
Upper body work.

Do your physical therapy since depending on how bad the damage is it may have to be treated a bit different with different scenarios.

Also, change your diet if you're still eating for someone who's highly active to a bit less.

Movement (non-painfully) is good.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline DavidLuttrell

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 05:56:31 AM »
An American park is formed for the individuals. The partial use of the roll and easyshark is approved for the citizens. The change is experienced for the people.

Offline brielleluna

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 07:59:40 AM »
This would be my biggest nightmare if that happened to me. Thanks for educating people and for raising this matter.

teetherpop.com/

Offline BeJimmieNip

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Dislocated patella completely not PK related
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 09:19:02 AM »
Can someone help me understand this mathematical joke please? "There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who dont." cant get it..