Author Topic: Shoes  (Read 5548 times)

Offline mnugghuhx

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Shoes
« on: May 31, 2011, 04:17:01 PM »
I am a barefoot runner, but I don't think barefooting it for parkour is the best idea.  I have vibram fivefingers and Merrell barefoot trail gloves.  I will probably go with the Vibrams, but I have broken 3 toes already in them, so maybe I will wear the Merrell, I am not sure. 

What shoes do you guys wear?
I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my bedroom and was in bed before the room was dark.

Muhammad Ali

Offline mnugghuhx

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Shoes
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 11:18:37 AM »
Already own the Vibrams (3 pairs).  One pair for chilling/sneaker replacement/indoor gym, one pair for Tough Mudders/triathlons, and one pair for running/hiking on terrain I can't barefoot.  I have been wearing them for 2+ years, so been collecting these for a while.

I have tried on many "barefoot" shoes and you cant get closer to being barefoot than Vibrams, but I agree they are prohibitively expensive. 

I am curious what other people use and whether I should use the Vibrams or the Merrells.  :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:23:13 AM by mnugghuhx »
I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my bedroom and was in bed before the room was dark.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Josh S

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 02:19:04 PM »
I own a pair of the KOs. They are pretty cheap for a parkour shoe and have great grip on a variety of surfaces. They are also REALLY lightweight. They're my favorite shoes so far ;]

Offline Jacob Chess

• Mangabey
  • Peace, Love, Sole.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 04:45:38 AM »
Feiyues! They are flexable, light, and comfortable. When you wear them, it is like you aren't!
"There is no problem so big it cannot be run away from."

10 push-ups/post! ^^

Offline mnugghuhx

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 04:57:47 AM »
Just looked up Feiyues, they are 50 Euros, thats like $73 US! Thats how much Vibrams cost. Although the Feiyues do look nice and will prevent broken toes

Muhammad Ali

Offline mnugghuhx

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »
Wow, that is a significant price difference!  These are so cheap I might pick up a pair just for shits and giggles.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Berto2011

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 05:27:07 AM »
I'm thinking of picking up a pair also, I'm currently using Ariake's I'm looking to getting the lite mesh version or five-tens.

Offline Daniel Burkdoll

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 08:17:11 AM »
I am a barefoot runner, but I don't think barefooting it for parkour is the best idea.  I have vibram fivefingers and Merrell barefoot trail gloves.  I will probably go with the Vibrams, but I have broken 3 toes already in them, so maybe I will wear the Merrell, I am not sure. 

What shoes do you guys wear?

If you are breaking toes from going "barefoot", its not the shoes, it's you.  Your technique is lacking.  Slow down, learn how to land properly on bare feet.  Training "barefoot" can help you technique immensly, especially if you are responsible and you listen to your body.  Poor landings and technique, or weak foot/leg muscles=bruised, jammed or broken toes.

Offline mnugghuhx

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 10:12:31 AM »
I realize I was not terribly forthcoming with details, my apologies. I have broken my toes barefoot running on some seriously rugged wilderness trails (hit on branches/rocks etc.).  I have good running form, didn't break the toes from running as much as I did from doing something dangerous that should really be done with some foot protection (hence blaming the shoes and my concern with using them for parkour).  I been running/lifting heavy/doing crossfit/martial arts barefoot a while and no fatigue/weakness related injuries yet!  I appreciate the advice and agree with your comments with the info originally posted.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:14:12 AM by mnugghuhx »

Muhammad Ali